15cm Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33 auf Pz III

THEscaleSHOW

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all  🥳

The GB is approaching the final and I think to show the last pictures before the finished model today 😅
The IG is finished with accessories, the first November snow has fallen on the vignette 🥶 and there are only details left to paint on the figure.

Have fun!
MD

spacer.png

a few more pictures of the weathering of the tracks

spacer.png

Rust dust

spacer.png

blending w. brush

spacer.png

metal shine

spacer.png

It's now the monster mash 😁

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

it seems to snow in the next few days... 🧐

spacer.png

various tests with Tamiya and Deluxe M. did not please me at all - everything just looked like whipped cream 🙈
My choice for realistic snow: glass bead dust!

before:

spacer.png

and after...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

the glass dust glitters like snow....
what do you think?

spacer.png

less is more

spacer.png

And since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it show, let it snow ❄️ 🎶

spacer.png

do not forget your scarf!

MD

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

That is first class mate, I have some AK snow sprinkles to try, bet it doesn't look as good as your "snow". :winkgrin:

Hello Bob

THX a lot 👍

I think you can also achieve good effects with AK.
My tip: test different thick snow mixtures on a piece of plastic card.
If you dilute with PVA, note the shrinkage of the glue (and the water) after drying.
I added a little tamiya white and flow improver from vallejo to my mix in the first coat and the last coat without color for a slightly translucent effect.

Have fun and good results!

MD

• Thanks 1

Hi MD. That really is fantastic modelling. You have the ability to make your models look like the real thing!! Very impressive work! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

17 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi MD. That really is fantastic modelling. You have the ability to make your models look like the real thing!! Very impressive work! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello Stix

Thanks so much for the comment, I really appreciate it 😊👍
It means a lot to me when other modelers like my style-that's the reward for all the work.
I like to share my experiences and here at BM you always learn new tricks from other posts.
Let's see - on the weekend I will hopefully be able to present my finished scene 😅

So long!
MD

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello together  🥳

I say only one word: DONE!

On the last day of the fantastic GB I would now like to present you my model of the IG SIG 33B on Panzer III on a Stalingrad vignette.
It was a very long way to get here and I must admit that I had imagined some of the work to be easier.
But as it is often the case, the project grows more and more during construction until you are satisfied at the end.
Without the GB, this kit would probably have remained on my shelf for years and I would not have realised how much fun even a simple model can be.
Before we start, thanks again to everyone and especially to Stix for the realisation of the GB 👍
I hope you like my model, I for one am very happy with it.

If I don't upload the pictures to the GB gallery anymore, you will find them at RFI in the next days.
Have a nice weekend and see you soon!
MD

PS: the colours of the scarf are a tribute to the best football club in the Ruhrgebiet 😎

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

some details pics from the figure (Panzerart in oils and arcylics w. Hornet head)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

the model in front of the famous grain silo 😏

See you!

• Like 7

Looks absolutely fantastic MD, I thought the last picture was your reference until I took a closer look. Thanks for stopping by and taking part in the GB and glad your stash has been reduced by one.

Hi MD. Well, what can I say!! It looks absolutely magnificent!! Your build, your attention to the details, your finishing and weathering are all some of the best I have seen. Your presentation scene is also really amazing. :worthy:

It would be great if you can upload five images into the Gallery - if you get chance - before 23.59 BST.

Thank you you very much for building this fantastic model in this STGB.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1

I've been following this build all the way without comment because every time I was going to say how great it was you made it even better. The finished vignette is stunning, so many perfect little details and everything just so 😊

Andy

13 hours ago, Foxbat said:

I've been following this build all the way without comment because every time I was going to say how great it was you made it even better. The finished vignette is stunning, so many perfect little details and everything just so 😊

Andy

Hey Andy

Thank you for your words - I appreciate it very much!

MD