15cm Sturm-Infanteriegeschütz 33 auf Pz III

THEscaleSHOW

Hello all

This is my first GB at Britmodeller and today I would like to show which model I will build.
There are also a few accessories for a small base and I will also try out Tamiya Snow effect 🥶

I wish everyone a lot of fun and great models 🙂

MD

spacer.png

• Like 11

Welcome to Britmodeller Group Builds.
You have some interesting AM stuff there - don't think I've seen anybody use MM tracks here, so they will be different, and the Plus Model water pump suggests you might have a diorama in mind?

• Like 1

Hi MD and welcome to the GB! And WOW! That's an impressive collection of goodies you have there!! Looking forward to seeing your project come together! :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hey Robert and Stix

Thanks for your messages!

Yes, I am planning a small vignette with a piece of railway track in an industrial setting.

I am curious to see how the Magic Metal Tracks can be built.
I have the winter tracks version. The chains have tabs that are bent over, you don't need pins like with Friul.

Tomorrow it will start.

See you!
MD

• Like 5

A big welcome to you and you have an unusual kit and interesting AM, I haven't seen that kit before and those Magic Metal tracks are different, I had seen them on ebay but have never seen them used, this will be interesting. :popcorn:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retired Bob said:

A big welcome to you and you have an unusual kit and interesting AM, I haven't seen that kit before and those Magic Metal tracks are different, I had seen them on ebay but have never seen them used, this will be interesting. :popcorn:

Thanks!

Yes, I am also building these tracks for the first time and will post pictures of the (hopefully successful) construction.

MD

• Like 2

Hello and good morning to all

Yesterday I started building the IG-today a little overview 🧐

The Dragon model is quite well detailed for its age and easy to build.
However, you should not expect much in terms of casting quality, especially the running gear such as swing arms, rollers or shock absorbers are not so precisely moulded and you have to do a lot of deburring here.
Detalis like manufacturer information on the rubber pads of the rollers are missing, but on the other hand the welding seams on the casemate are well reproduced.
My opinion: for beginners without big demands quite well suitable, the Smart Kit 6713 produced with new forms is in combination with PE however rather something for the advanced model builder with more love to the detail.
I plan to finish the build this week and spend most of the time painting / weathering.
The Tamiya snow and mud will have to cover up one or two cast deficits 😁

Have fun!
MD

spacer.png

overview

spacer.png

no strong flash on fine details

spacer.png

20 easy steps to success

spacer.png

big bonus at this price and quality level 😮 👍

spacer.png

first steps 😴

• Like 8

Hi MD, should be an interesting project, I do like a little vignette to set the scene for a build. 

Great collection of upgrades,  the Voyager fenders bent and buckled will really set it off nicely.

Panzer art do appear to do some nice figures, never tried one but the illustrations always look good.

Good luck, I'll watch with interest. 

Cheers

Darryl 

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi MD, should be an interesting project, I do like a little vignette to set the scene for a build. 

Great collection of upgrades,  the Voyager fenders bent and buckled will really set it off nicely.

Panzer art do appear to do some nice figures, never tried one but the illustrations always look good.

Good luck, I'll watch with interest. 

Cheers

Darryl 

Hey Darryl

Cool that you are also planning a vignette 👍
I think a model comes out even better that way, because it appeals to the viewer's imagination.
After this box my life has changed 😁

MD

spacer.png

• Like 3

Good morning

First of all, thank you for the greetings to all who have written!

Construction continues - here's a quick overview.
Gun barrel and MG are made of metal - you can forget the plastic parts.
Ejector pin markings in very advantageous places  🙈 wonderful and hopefully fixed with Mr. Surfacer.

I had tried to substitute the parts from other (older) Italeri kits from my stash, but these are identical in parts.
Once again the moulds were passed on from manufacturer to manufacturer 🤑

But no pleasure without work 😅

MD

spacer.png

very nice

spacer.png

spacer.png

Dremel tuning

spacer.png

spacer.png

next step is the preparation for the PE parts

See you!

• Like 9

21 hours ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Hey Darryl

Cool that you are also planning a vignette 👍
I think a model comes out even better that way, because it appeals to the viewer's imagination.
After this box my life has changed 😁

MD

spacer.png

Hi, time permitting it'll get a base of some description. 

I remember the old Matchbox kits always had a small plastic base included, didn't the early (1970-80s) Tamiya catalogues have armour dioramas in them as well, vague recollection of those too...

You're making great progress already, nice work!

Atb

Darryl 

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi, time permitting it'll get a base of some description. 

I remember the old Matchbox kits always had a small plastic base included, didn't the early (1970-80s) Tamiya catalogues have armour dioramas in them as well, vague recollection of those too...

You're making great progress already, nice work!

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl

Yes, you are right!
There were some Dios in the catalogues, probably as an incentive to buy more models 🤑

MD

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Looking good and interested to see the railway. Is it the Tamiya textured paint you are using? I have found this very effective.

Hey Tim

Yeah, i will try the Tamiya stuff.

About the railway i often use the Trumpeter kit. You find an example on BM in W.I.P. called "The english patient" (if you like).

MD

• Like 1

Hello all

Yeah Stix, the build goes on - no major surprises so far 🤓
Here's another little update.

Have fun!
MD

spacer.png

The nuts of the bolted armour are not so well detailed in the kit, so I replaced them on the upper plate with Masterclub parts.

The front one is not so important because dirt and snow get there anyway 😁

spacer.png

I took the positions of the holes from the kit part and always use an old bending tool as a stop for such work.

This way I can be sure that all the bolts are in line. I find that with rivets etc. it is immediately noticeable if they are not drilled evenly with the correct spacing 🧐

spacer.png

I screwed on the towing hooks at the same time and also added a few flame cut marks on the plate.

spacer.png

no PE parts are necessary for the cover - just grind it thinner.

spacer.png

MG from RB Models

spacer.png

spacer.png

Engine deck is prepared for PE parts

spacer.png

the postman has just rung (but luckily only once) 😅

See you!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Am I right in thinking, this is one of Dragon's older mouldings?  Look as though there are detail differences between this and the current kits.

Yes Robert, this kit was first issued in 1995, I have an Ausf.F from the same period, rather soft details on light grey plastic and the track links have to be removed from sprues, I was glad when magic tracks came along,  disappointed when they changed to the DS ones. :fraidnot:

• Like 2