Replacement canopy for Airfix 1/72 Tomahawk

Battle

I've just restarted an Airfix 1/72 Tomahawk which I got part way through building a few years back, and just found that I don't have the canopy any more. Could anyone advise me whether there is a chance the Squadron Canopy (SQS9115) for the Academy/Monogram kits might fit it? Would anyone who has both kits be able to tell me if there is a significant difference in shape? The replacement canopy isn't too expensive from Hannants so I might just order it anyway, but I thought it might be worth checking first. Thanks!

It's possible worth a try but the kit is still in stock at Airfix so your best course would surely be to get a spare from them. Ask VERY nicely and they might even let you have a freebie, but they don;t usually charge much for small spares

https://support.airfix.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360019394159-Spare-Parts

19 hours ago, Work In Progress said:

It's possible worth a try but the kit is still in stock at Airfix so your best course would surely be to get a spare from them. Ask VERY nicely and they might even let you have a freebie, but they don;t usually charge much for small spares

https://support.airfix.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360019394159-Spare-Parts

18 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Yes, it works, I had received from Airfix the decals of the B25 last year

Alain

Thanks both of you for this suggestion - I thought that they had stopped doing spares, but clearly I had misremembered. 

17 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

I don't know if you'd be interested, but I have a couple of spare Airfix Tomahawk canopies. If you'd like one, drop me a PM with your address.

Cheers,

Mark

That would be fantastic, I'll send you a PM now.

• Like 1