Trumpeter 1/16 T34/85

phil1000

That engine looks superb! I love the "heavily-used" look. Thanks for sharing with us. 

Apparently the engine and/or transmission system were quite an Achille's Heal on the T-34 (particularly the earliest versions). It was not unknown for the tank to go into combat with a replacement example of both strapped to the engine-deck. Must have slowed it down a bit, though. 

Chris.  

Very nice work Phil, engine looks superb, lovely detail in the paintwork that you have shown here, I've just started Miniart's 1/35 T34/85 so will look at this with interest. This should be a cracker, well done so far....

Ed

Oh come on! I thought that there was some rule about showing photos of the real thing and trying to pass them off as a model.:giggle:

Excellent paintwork and weathering. So convincing.

John.

Thank you to everyone who has commented on this build it is nice to have feedback from you all

dont know much about Russian armour just pick bits up from the people that know about it

very interesting about the early engine and gearbox been strapped to the tank got me thinking now 

cheers

phil