Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer aftermarket questions

ReccePhreak

My friend & I plan to both work on an Airfix 1/48 H.S. Buccaneer kit. He will do the Buccaneer S2/S2C/S2D/SMk50 while I will work on the S2B boxing.

I was planning on getting some aftermarket wheels, and found 3 different sets on Hannants. Which set would any of you recommend, the ones by Armory (48409). Mastercasters ( 48019) or ResKit (480127)?

I have resin seats by Pavla (48021) for both kits, but may get the Pavla cockpit set when Hannants gets them back in. Will the Pavla cockpit set work in both kits?

Larry

Can’t answer your question but I can add that Neomega do a cockpit which is reputed to be nice. Just to add to your decisions to make list !

spotted both Pavla and Neomega sets on  evil bay just now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JohnT said:

Can’t answer your question but I can add that Neomega do a cockpit which is reputed to be nice. Just to add to your decisions to make list !

spotted both Pavla and Neomega sets on  evil bay just now. 

Thanks, I forgot all about Neomega. I have some of their sets and the are nice, even if the ones I have did not come with any instructions. There used to be an online store in the USA that sold Neomega, but they don't carry Neomega products anymore. And I doubt that anybody in the USA does carry them. 

And with the CCP-Virus messing with international shipping, I will not order an aftermarket cockpit set from somewhere in Europe, and hope it gets to the USA in ~2-3 months.

Edited by ReccePhreak
More info

The Neomega sets are usually a drop in replacement.... there was a Buccaneer GB mid 2020, if I remember correctly, all 48th builds used it without any trouble. Incl mine ;)

Wheel: I just went with the kit ones...

2 hours ago, Julien said:

I have some Reskit stuff for other kits and its always top quality product. 

Thanks for the "user comments", I will place a set of them on order.

I do have 2 Eduard PE sets in the kit box, the Interior set (48 132) and the Exterior set (48130). Along with the Pavla resin seats I already have, I may not have to get a resin cockpit set.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
More info
  • Like 1

Great choice!

Be careful with the intakes! They are mighty trouble to mount!

The exterior PE has some nice bits, but be careful, it is very old and not to current standards! Most is for detailing the wing fold though!

Check de GB entries please;

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/687-blackburn-buccaneer-stgb/

Cheers, Werner

56 minutes ago, NAVY870 said:

Was there ever a replacement canopy?

I have the double boxing that came with one and a bit canopies.

I dont think there ever was a replacement made :( 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

Great choice!

Be careful with the intakes! They are mighty trouble to mount!

The exterior PE has some nice bits, but be careful, it is very old and not to current standards! Most is for detailing the wing fold though!

Check de GB entries please;

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/687-blackburn-buccaneer-stgb/

Cheers, Werner

Thanks for the info on the intakes. I seem to remember reading something about them a LONG time ago. I don't plan on folding the wings, so I will pick & choose which bits from the Eduard sets to use. I will definitely check out the GB posts for hints & tips.

2 hours ago, Daedalus72 said:

Used the Neomega cockpit for mine and it fitted well.

Unlike the rest of the kit which is poor, especially the fuselage halves which need a lot of work

Yes, I do remember reading about the poor fit of the fuselage halves. In fact, one of the kits I have has 2 sets of main fuselage pieces.