Cool Temperatures

dogsbody

Greetings fellow members.

This is a photo of the view screen of my little home weather station. The two numbers on the left side are the outside temperatures. The top one is the actual temp, while the bottom one is the windchill factor.

This morning there was no wind at all.

Disregard the time and date. I didn't bother to reset it after changing the batteries in the unit outside this past autumn.

50915841477_6eed9f51c3_b.jpg

Anyone else living in a cold place right now?

Chris

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Aye up Chris.

Does this count?

nVHxKEu.jpg

My back garden in Leeds - UK. It's been tipping it down all day and then it started to sleet about 20:45 GMT. Next thing I look out of my window and it's snowing like billy o and ground is covered! Surprised it has laid to be honest due to the ground being so wet all day. Current temp is 0 Fahrenheit which is no where near as cold as your getting it though! Would appear that the UK is actually getting a 'proper' winter this year! 

Where I live in the city is quite high up (about 420 odd feet above sea level) so we can get snow when everywhere else tends to get rain or sleet. 

Regards,

Steve

Edited by fatfingers
  • Like 2

Positively tropical by comparison here in Montrose with only sleet so far but blowing a gale in from the North Sea  which is only a couple of hundred yards away so the 2 degrees when I was out at lunchtime felt a lot lower with windchill and with it coming in from the east gable end is taking the full blast and central heating earning its keep.

• Like 2

It's too cold and clear here to snow, but when you look toward the sun during the day, you can see the twinkle of ice crystals in the air. It is so cold and dry here, that any ice that's in the direct sun will slowly disappear as the photons from the sun will kick the water molecules out of the ice. Just a while ago, you could see the little wisps of steam just above the roof of the wife's car, as the bit of snow and frost sublimated. At night, you can see towering beams of light going up into the sky, from bright streetlights and other lights catch the ice crystals.

Chris

• Like 5

12 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Unfortunately no, it's a nice 29° degrees Celsius outside at the moment and 27° inside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Unfortunately no, it's a nice 29° degrees Celsius outside at the moment and 27° inside.

Ooo, that would do me nicely. Anything less than 25 degrees centigrade is cold to me.

Did once spend a bit of time in Huhot, Inner Mongolia, where it minus 32 and hated it.

Graham

• Like 1

I must admit I love the Canadian climate. I spent a wonderful couple of months there over a Winter in the 80`s as a student ..... my memories are of beautiful snow, lake-ice thick enough to drive on, blue skies, soft brushes to take the snow off a car - no need to scrape! I didn't feel uncomfortably cold until I stepped off the plane back in Scotland, and felt the dreich drizzle and damp, bone- penetrating cold of home!

Q

• Like 2

Well, it's supposed to be summer here - but so far we've had just ONE day above 30 deg C! There have been one or two places elsewhere in Australia that have been hotter, longer, but this is most unusual for the Central West of NSW. Most nights it's down to single digit temperatures. And we DO get snow in winter ...

• Like 1

Well it's cold apparently, 1 degree C outside according to my phone but the heat's off in the house. 

It's cold here at the moment but judging by the men in shorts and bare legged women out there, maybe not so.

I always felt I was born to live in a hot country. Yet somehow I ended up in the west of Ireland. Nevertheless I don't bother with the heat in the car at the moment. I don't really think it's that cold. 

On the other hand I was disappointed on my first trip to Africa to find the weather resembled a bad summer in Blackpool. Some excuse about the rainy season except it rained only once. My shorts and topee helmet remained in the luggage.

Beast from the East 2 is threatened. I have my sun tan lotion ready. 🌞

• Like 1

It was minus 18 C  ( round about 0F ) this morning and sunny.  Tee shirt weather to spend 10 minutes cleaning up a couple of cm of light fluffy snow on the sidewalk after I took the garbage out. 

cheers, Graham near Ottawa Canada

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You should have a strong word or two with your Landlord.

I’m the landlord though...  I wish it was a tropical rainforest now, cause that wind was biting today.

• Like 1

Zero degrees and no snow here in Wirral. We hardly ever get snow here as it all gets dumped on the Welsh hills on t’other side of the Dee. For us to be snowed in, Oxford Street in London needs to be infested with mammoths.

Trevor

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Little Timmy said:

It was a brisk 72 deg  here today... BRRRRRR!!

I hate Arizona in the winter. Cant wait for Summer, and those 112 deg days.

72, 72? (72F = 22C for those that didn't learn both)

Them's Summer temperatures over here, if you don't want it, we'll swap ya! only -5C here and been snowing since Sunday.