Seats done. This is about a week of fiddly fiddling. Handles from fuse wire and lot of different paints. The front seat slid in. The rear was tight with the spikey thing on the nav console - I've no idea what it is but it's on one of the Britmodeller ref photos so it must be right and I shaved the location tab off the seat to get it to sit right. The lateral seat offsets are just about visible though at a full-size of 8 inches total it may be wishful thinking. 

seat 1

Wing tips, RWR pods and  flaps attached but the remainder of the cockpit and canopy to be done and as I like to have as much attached as is reasonable prior to painting I'm adding some of the flimsier parts though the undercarriage, pitot and pylons are definately off until the end.

20210305_152841

Edited by Plastic Bonsai
  • Like 2

Fitted the hook with the tail bumper deployed. I've drilled out the coal hole/rear avionics bay hatch as I see it open on the one picture I have of a Granby Bucc being prepped for a mission and Airfix do supply the hatch separately.

51019410653_3fc232d5a3_b.jpg

Blast shield fitted - not a very positive fit but the windscreen is sublime as is the canopy itself but I intend to fit that open so all my hard bodging on the seats can be seen more easily.

51020135471_e8c59ceebd_b.jpg

So I have stuck down the small separate bits to be sprayed and stuffed various orrifi with tissue paper and I think I'm ready to spray

51019446928_7b90125264_m.jpg

51020139396_2cdcf8c116_b.jpg

51019404333_731e0bc117_b.jpg

Oh Lordy! This is the bit I stall on.. . 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so sprayed and the important decals are on. The instruction sheet says many of the stencils were over painted so I will have a shufti at the reference photos to get an idea on that.

51071373166_d95a46998a_b.jpg

51071451337_b63b32e82b_b.jpg

51071357171_0f869e2543_b.jpg

51070685293_836623f15c_b.jpg

The decals look good but it's a bit early to tell if they have taken well - MiG decal Set solution on standby....

I am not happy with the sprayed xtracolour paint - but I am out of practice with spraying and when putting the decals on in critical daylight with the help of my partners spectacles I see so many rough bits that also show in the phone photographs.

Anyway onwards and upwards. Painting up the detail bits and applying more stencils (maybe) when my eyes have rested.

• Like 3

Even minimal markings put models to a higher level. Yes it certainly looks like there are not many other markings that I can see.. The only one I am missing is the large white RESCUE arrow on the port side of the nose. I think I can move the under-wing roundel out slightly so it's not overlapping the pitot boom. It seems that way in the photos and frankly who would paint it like that anyway - far too much trouble for us modellers. Hopefully the visibie gauges on the fuselage are on the Airfix sheet.

I now have  a load more stencils and markings on that sheet for the other Buccs that are sure to come after this one.

The wheels on the Bucc...

51090205186_909a3cc360_c.jpg

51090287217_5782dcc2ed_c.jpg

Nose-wheel is a little free to pivot at the moment and I tried putting the nose-wheel door on the wrong side and cut off a hinge as I couldn't fit it. One "Doh!" moment later....

51090749643_62983725b1_c.jpg

51090207261_fc52899efb_c.jpg

Stores done. More stencils than on the rest of the aircraft. I am presuming the painting went a bit more carefully around the all important role equipment. I found the white rescue arrow on the Desert Storm sheet. It has complete markings for all six aircraft so if anyone wants to do another scheme them I'll pass them on.

Before I put on the stores and any more bits I can easily break off I will try and weather this bird a bit. The tally it has is for the whole War so I'll be depicting it waiting to do one more.

Edited by Plastic Bonsai
  • Like 3

Nearly there..

Dog dirty and loaded for bear.

51113785703_207fe98a56_c.jpg

51113313587_629ca22d84_c.jpg

51113793083_28b9147835_c.jpg

The carpet monster has taken the re-fuellng probe so i have an S2C on its way to donate that part. I also got a Flightpath ladder set but that has vanished as well. Either may turn up though. 

• Like 5

Ok calling this one done. This has taken me several years to actually get this far with any model and I've re-learnt a lot in the process. Starting is no problem, the FG1 and S2C are already half built but I stall on something, loose bits and start others. At least doing the build on here  with your encouragement kept me focused.

So I got the probe from the S2C and the 2 small sensor probes that were an aperitif for the Carpet Monster. He still hasn't coughed up the probe or ladder set.

Pictures in the finished gallery soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...