MiniArt 1/35 Pz III Ausf D

robw_uk

Building this over on the Pz III GB but will also put it here for those not looking....

dav-vivi.jpg

Oh boy the suspension is fiddly but it looks really nice. Not finished the first side tho - still a few more parts to add, then on to the second

IMG-20210206-164838.jpg 

• Like 7

Looks good 👍

An interesting tank, but it seems like a difficult building awaits you. I think the end result will be great, will look forward to seeing this one.
The chassis is really complex, it looks like the German engineers have outsmarted themselves...

Vytautas

more work. Completed the suspension (I think that was one reason the Ausf E+ were more popular) the exhausts, smoke grenades and the rear deck (which will be covered in boxes). Next up will be the wheels....

IMG-20210207-181937.jpg

IMG-20210207-182002.jpg

IMG-20210207-181950.jpg

• Like 8

Looking good Rob, the suspension is quite complicated, lots going on.  I hate the way that Miniart use to attach the wheels,  you just have a little peg on the wheel that is supposed to fit in the half round hole in the hub. I found on both my Panzer III and T-55 that the wheel's just dropped off. Maybe hopefully you will have better luck.  Good luck...

Ed

1 hour ago, edjbartos said:

Looking good Rob, the suspension is quite complicated, lots going on.  I hate the way that Miniart use to attach the wheels,  you just have a little peg on the wheel that is supposed to fit in the half round hole in the hub. I found on both my Panzer III and T-55 that the wheel's just dropped off. Maybe hopefully you will have better luck.  Good luck...

Ed

Yep that was my worry.... And why I haven't don't them yet

running gear done and the wheels. The pins to put the wheels on are VERY fragile (one has broken and been repaired, two are showing stress points) so will probably have to leave the wheels on once on for tracks - shouldn't be too bad as rubber grey & dunkelgelb aren't too dissimilar so painting on the kit should be ok. May start tracks tonight as think it will be easier to do the first fitting without the fenders on.

IMG-20210209-074030.jpg

IMG-20210209-074034.jpg

• Like 5

thanks Roger... 

so a couple of hours tonight... just under half a track run done (and the wheels added - not going to take them off now).... some clean up (5 points per track link) but they will look nice once all done. Plan is to do bits and pieces of them as there is no glue - ideal for lunchtime. No jig so finding it easier to do one link at a time  - isn't too slow and found a run of 4/5/6 too fiddly to get the pins in

IMG-20210209-202928.jpg

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Hamden said:

Nice start Rob looking forward to watching this progress

Stay safe              Roger

8 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Well done Rob, it’s coming along nicely. The track looks good...

Ed

6 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I have to say that running gear looks extremely well detailed, but sounds like that detail comes at the cost of being a bit fragile.

It's looking good.

thanks all... comments much appreciated as always.... yep the running gear is more fragile than some BUT then I guess on the real thing it was more complex and thats the trade off for a model maker.... 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Looking nice Rob, I like these track links they look great...

Ed

lost a few, and the pins bend quite easily... if i had a small enough drill bit it might be better to open each one, but have enough left over to finish the front armour (and easier to leave a couple off if more get damaged of course)

• Like 1

Actually, how you like MiniArt?

I ask you, since I have lots of kits from MA with full interior ahead!

I like the instreuctions, they are quite good also with colors quite good researched.

Happy modelling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dov said:

Actually, how you like MiniArt?

I ask you, since I have lots of kits from MA with full interior ahead!

I like the instreuctions, they are quite good also with colors quite good researched.

Happy modelling

this is the 3rd miniart kit I have and have 3 full interior kits. Go together well, some small/thin parts that can be fragile but, overall I would buy them over anything if they did the subject

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 9:20 AM, Hamden said:

Nice work Rob, this is coming together well nearly ready for paint now

Stay safe           Roger

23 hours ago, Cometracer said:

The early tanks seem to have so much character and you're captured that in your build.  

cheers both... yes it has a flavour of "modern" with a throw back to "old" in terms of pre and during WWII (that suspension was not compatible with high wear & tear I am sure)...

more progress on "fender furniture". I have added all that should be grey (apart form LHS fire extinguisher which would block the crow bar location once fitted). Also added the start pf the boxes - the locating brackets on the engine deck. I need to add the tow cable brackets but will leave them til closer to painting. I need to research 1 box on the RHS to see what colour it was and then I think I am on to the turret.

IMG-20210217-072552.jpg

IMG-20210214-181823.jpg

IMG-20210217-072538.jpg

IMG-20210217-072607.jpg

• Like 7

Looking very good 👍

And you asked me about Wespe references. Here's what I have:

Here some useful links for Wespe - some magazines, for downloading select "Download ZIP":

1. Wydawnictwo Militaria 233 Wespe

2. Wydawnictwo Militaria 58 Wespe

3. Nuts & Bolts 02 Sd Kfz 124 WESPE Warbook

Reference photos and video: click1click2click3

And in the Tamiya kit is missing a radio station umformer, which must be on the shelve under the radio. Here radio station Fusprech.d reference: click. On the photo of radio cover is the wiring diagram.

I hope to see your new Wespe project soon!

Vytautas

PS. calameo.download is a great resource with a lot of literature but no search engine. But you can use google for that: open Google, in the search field type what you are looking for, type prefix "site:" and specify the site where to search. For example:
wespe site:calameo.download

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Looking very good 👍

And you asked me about Wespe references. Here's what I have:

Here some useful links for Wespe - some magazines, for downloading select "Download ZIP":

1. Wydawnictwo Militaria 233 Wespe

2. Wydawnictwo Militaria 58 Wespe

3. Nuts & Bolts 02 Sd Kfz 124 WESPE Warbook

Reference photos and video: click1click2click3

And in the Tamiya kit is missing a radio station umformer, which must be on the shelve under the radio. Here radio station Fusprech.d reference: click. On the photo of radio cover is the wiring diagram.

I hope to see your new Wespe project soon!

Vytautas

PS. calameo.download is a great resource with a lot of literature but no search engine. But you can use google for that: open Google, in the search field type what you are looking for, type prefix "site:" and specify the site where to search. For example:
wespe site:calameo.download

yeah saw that in your thread, thanks. I will have a look when I come to build the Wespe (couple of kits time I think)