Rafale tripple ejector pylon

James88

Hi all,

I'm currently completing an Italeri Rafale M at the moment, on the whole I don't think it's a bad kit but certainly seems lacking when it comes to payload options. From looking at photos of the Rafale M, it looks like it was armed with what looks like a triple ERU carrying 2-3 LGBs plus a Damocles pod. Having scoured Hannants I can't find parts that would be suitable to replicate these and I was just wondering if anyone has any links or knows of 3D printed files as I have access to a 3D printer. 

Thanks in advance,

James

• Sad 1

I fear in 72nd that is difficult!

Neither the Hobbyboss nor the Revell ones have it....

But you could do an Exocet one, or an air defence one... 

The newer Revell kits in 1/48 include the pylon... you can probably scratch build one...although the outriggers are quite complex in shape....

• Like 1

Hi James 

Well having stalled previously on my Dassault Rafale builds let me say that only 2 kits actually worth the risk to try the Heller (supposed to be the prototype) and the Italeri (Revell is the same better the new one)

Both kits lack of the nose sensors (you can look at modern or recent Hasegawa F-16 as they include a round sensor the other one can be done by taking  around sprue slice 2-3 mm wide and then cut by half)

Both kits lack the APU open doors but thy can be done with flat sprue

Both kits lack of the Chaff/flare but they not difficult to scratch

The Damocles pod can be obtain using Ebay or buying from L'Arsenal in wonderful 1/72 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pod-de-designation-multi-fonctions-DAMOCLES-pour-Super-Etendard-1-72/192114213562?hash=item2cbae642ba:g:uv4AAOSwux5YOD0d

For the triple ERU carrying 2-3 LGBs they don't included on the Hobby Boss kits but in long OOP Olymp Resins

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/Update-set-Dassault-Rafale-Rafale-of-battle-mission-for-all-Rafale-kits.html

For fuel tanks the best I have seen are included on Hobby Boss kits

Decals look for Skyhart

http://www.syhartdecal.fr/references.php?lang=ENG&ref=Syhart 915v2&page=description

Regards

Armando

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tsepajev said:

Hi Armando, James & Exdraken!

What is your opinion on 1/72 HobbyBoss Rafale kits?

br,

A

Hi Tsepajev

Well to start expensive and difficult to get. I saw one as my friend have it and we compared with the Italeri (same as you can find on online reviews it has something wrond with lenght and wide, that made it look awfull) but the weapons and fuel tanks very nice

Cheers

Armando

On 2/7/2021 at 5:02 PM, tsepajev said:

Hi Armando, James & Exdraken!

What is your opinion on 1/72 HobbyBoss Rafale kits?

br,

A

Sorry, no idea at all... I could answer for 48th only!