PzIII Ausf. B, Poland 1939

Six97s

I'm probably making it look like a trial, but I'm new to armour modelling. 

No flash on these links, but there are five attachment points to clean up on each one.  The pins are moulded at the correct pitch and after a few aborted efforts with everything falling apart I found it easier to get one side in and apply cement before fitting the pins the other side.  With both in, they can then be pushed fully home.  Someone who's done this before would probably have at least one set finished in the time it took me.

• Like 2

As Ozzy said - no rush. When I'm making tracks with individual links, I only ever attempt to do 10 or so (or 20ish if they are straight forward to do) each modelling session - so I don't get too bored! I think individual links looks far better than bands when finished, but they are not the most exciting part of armour modelling.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks nice. I like how the small wheels show off the wacky suspension. It's very Steampunk. Stick some brass paint on those shock absorbers!

The turret interior is very similar to mine. I wonder if Bronco and MiniArt worked together.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Paint, to give the illusion of progress.  😬   I had spent another hour losing tiny pieces and attaching those I could still find to the hull and the inside of the turret.   I think the remaining fender latching rods will have to remain wherever they landed.   It's only mocked up here, still have to paint the inside of the turret before final assembly.

pziii_b_16-vi.jpg

Now to finish the tracks.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I eventually managed to get some Dunkelgrau on it. First time using Ammo MIG paint and I think I over-thinned it.   It took several coats to get any coverage and it dried slightly glossy (maybe no bad thing with decals to apply).  If I can get the tracks done, there's an outside chance of finishing by the deadline.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Six97s said:

If I can get the tracks done, there's an outside chance of finishing by the deadline.

I hope so!! 🤞