Bronco Humber Mk.I Scout Car - 1/35

Like many on here, i have returned to the hobby after a long break. Put it this way, some of the tamiya paint i have used is nearly 40 years old!

This is my first Bronco model and although it is well detailed, most of it is on the interior so a bit of a waste of time. Also the mountings for the wheels were a nightmare and quite flimsy.

resized_e97ce07c-7c62-40c0-a78c-8a20030b

78d09cbf-f0d0-4181-ac53-1d4de1350824.jpg

resized_52b5067e-7aa4-4406-8828-8ec109ca

resized_13a3719c-1768-4179-8637-bb281c56

• Like 45

Brilliant work, excellent paintwork, weathering and chipping. 

Great work with the figure and the tied down and tarped stowage. 

Welcome to the AFV section too.

Cheers

Darryl 

I'm liking that.  A lot.  Understated but very effective.  If you can apply "cute" to an armoured car, the little Humber is it.

Someone does a sitting commander figure for this kit very obviously copied from Michael Caine as JOE Vandeleur in "A Bridge Too Far".........

The early IDF had a single Humber, along with a single Morris LRC, which I quite fancy doing.

IMO my rose-tinted rear-view window says that the Tamiya paint of that period was very much better than that of today.  I can't work with the current stuff by brush or airbrush: paint of last resort.  But maybe squinting through my hindsight window keeps distracting me from watching what's in front of me.........

• Haha 1

Thank you all for your kind words.

I think i thought the seam line on the chaps arm was a crease Ian, i.e. it was supposed to be there 😂

George

On 2/8/2021 at 9:10 AM, Geo1966 said:

I think i thought the seam line on the chaps arm was a crease Ian, i.e. it was supposed to be there 😂

George

I've been caught out by that one myself! 😀

• 2 months later...

J

ust building this - Agree the front wheel mountings are flimsy - Cheated (and not even slightly) by drilling and using a steel pin through as an axle.   Haven't worked out how to attach the wheels but will find a way!

• Like 1