11 Years this took me, 11 years! 1/72 DC-7C conversion from Heller DC-6 donor kit

Quite a battle you fought...11 years...

But you won in the end and the result is outstanding.

A wonderfully created and presented DC-7 has risen,a model you can be mighty proud of

:worthy:

👍👍👏👏👏🏆🏅

Edited by Alex1978
  • Thanks 1

Sweet looking 7C!  Did you achieve the metal effect through the use of an Eduard metal mask, to spray light gray paint over gloss black?  It's quite interesting and definitely looks like someone has been buffing it here and there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Sweet looking 7C!  Did you achieve the metal effect through the use of an Eduard metal mask, to spray light gray paint over gloss black?  It's quite interesting and definitely looks like someone has been buffing it here and there.

Hi there thanks for  your kind remarks, the metal finish is tamiya rattlecan silver leaf which has been buffed by a soft dremel tool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She's just BEAUTIFUL !!!

I have the same kit in my stash. But, I dont plan on changing anything on it. Just gonna build it right out of the box...( yea, .. right..)

I hope I can get mine to look as good as yours.

(I dont mind if it takes me years ...)

Usually with models rescued from the shelf of the doom we pityingly patch them up so they can just about limp over the finish line, this one however is storming over the line to the soundtrack of Chariots of Fire. 

Bravo - and I second the plaudits for your anodised metal too.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 1:21 AM, Robertone139 said:

Jaw dropping results!

May I ask about the decals or did you handpaint that "pentagram".

hiya, the decals were by Vintage Flyer and very good they were too.. except I could not get the black nose dot nor the lower nose stripes to conform to the curves. I had scanned the decals just in case and printed out these items on my laser deacl paper and used them, these conformed nicely to the curves but if you look closely you can see the blue lines in the lower nose are a slightly different hue