T-34-85 Egyptian, Miniart 37071 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

Perfect work! I really like all the little things, everything looks very realistic.

Vytautas

Many thanks Vytautas, always appreciate you looking in and for your comments..

Ed

1 hour ago, Lummox said:

Lovely work Ed.

Were those shells separate from the rack, or did you have to paint them in situ? Magnificently neat painting if the latter.

Paul.

Hi Paul, no, I painted the shells and the rack separately first then added together, my paint skills are not good enough to paint everything in situ I'm afraid.  Thanks for commenting and for looking in..

Ed

• Like 1

That all looks brilliant Ed, really enjoying the work you're doing here and still learning a lot about the innermost workings of a tank (one thing I've certainly learnt is I'm glad I wasn't in one in the heat of battle!!)

Keith

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That all looks brilliant Ed, really enjoying the work you're doing here and still learning a lot about the innermost workings of a tank (one thing I've certainly learnt is I'm glad I wasn't in one in the heat of battle!!)

Keith

Thanks Keith, yes I agree, they look so cramped inside its just amazing how they did everything...

thanks for looking in and commenting

Ed

• Like 1

On 02/03/2021 at 21:03, edjbartos said:

Hi guys, a new update on my T-34, have now managed to finish assembling the right hand side of the main body.....

y4mE8czMLoy-Msg_sal5uT63_MoXFRswbt_V3EQP

Photo showing the base and the two sides prior to assembly...

y4mG9TYe_CGEdHVSJe_NPtM7-TBYSjxi8Kjsj3uM

The two sides added to the base plate, a really nice fit, the sides just clipped into position...

y4mzyFNOcP4H4IX8OMSQ4ZQ3iqwm1ZQrzQz0Uv58

Some general views around the interior, hopefully I will be able to show this off on the finished build, but will see later on as I assemble the outside...

y4m8ad7YhJqfTk_SyLoTsPoNQxj0DqarL4VbxGt0

y4mozCYwBoN-MsHhDXkuVh84PLMddnR-SmDFfUf1

y4meo7DN7NZIFnR4hvfsYtR2BtPm2-kV0LSFe6yV

y4mlk4FBYCcp3n1uE5Ea89-CYW3OWYtYxALlgg-x

y4mB2Bl-8xe34kCd1rndku391Jb6DWOs8CtN218A

y4mGnjpI0Wi6N2YzhcieNPLt2H_4OlO-Pzn0M8oJ

So next up is a very detailed engine and transmission, so will take some time in doing this after a bit of research. Will come back when I have started...

thanks for looking in, all the best

Ed

Really beatiful, now I have to get one of these.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 20:36, edjbartos said:

Hi Guys, I have now finished painting the engine for the T-34, I have decided on this one to weather the covers a bit and show a bit more of a worn finish. Here are some views with the engine and the cooling fan, the fan is not secured in place at the moment, so may look slightly off on some photo's, this will be glued when fitting into the main tank body.....

y4mvXPGwEllep7ivbhyMIRm7-6C8pnftsYOtljMO

y4my2VsnG-JY0a1CrWJW3J-efKgNLdOOICga_ifm

y4mD2fBISBexRdK2Nq7rhk2ZB8no8n0qAc3mPWLL

y4m7DIRzHVVx9BlVyNgt1Ona7IlwFD3bypA0sTZD

y4maYzCx5FjBe_iMyms26mT5qWgXsmYbQI9w4Uii

y4mwaa_6ynaO12UbM7r3HaQX3BGza3AtoLpNBih9

y4mHUQGnG9SzuVNxZe8MyDeVPuOivwUXEAMb4bLY

A view with the painted transmission, there are quite a few more bits to be added to this, such as the starter motor and stands for the transmission etc. I have just finished assembling those and have primed them so will finish painting and will assemble those when fitting the engine to the body...

y4m9Ge4mFCZpXaMJc20GbXoGnZYiK9yXVlyRXDm_

A view showing the engine with the radiators, these are roughly the position they will be when fitted to the body. I know that this will hide the work on the lower half of the engine, but I'm not bothered about that as I have been able to try things out for future painting and If anyone wants to see more detail I can always show them the pictures...

y4mJ4fMdGN0NgJ7M0_IsRY-mhAsoFUo1NQG7yh-u

that's it for now, will be back soon when I've done some more....

all the best

Ed

Truly inspiring!

8 hours ago, IGKent said:

Ed, why did you just select Egyptian tank? 😀

Hi Igor, This particular model only gave you an Egyptian option, no other, the versions that are included in the kit are:

1 - Egyptian Armed Forces. Cairo, Summer 1956 
2 - Egyptian Armed Forces. Suez, Autumn 1956
3 - Egyptian Armed Forces. 1956-1967
4 - Egyptian Armed Forces. Six-Day War. Sinai. Summer 1967  -  This version
5 - Egyptian Armed Forces. 1967-1973

The reason why I chose this tank was because I initially liked the wheel configuration, it was the only one which had the odd shaped spider wheel rather than a solid one. Plus this is the only version which has the big DShK machine gun on the turret.

My next T-34 will be a soviet one from WW2 era, I really like the T-34...

Ed

Edited by edjbartos
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 10:34 PM, edjbartos said:

Hi Igor, This particular model only gave you an Egyptian option, no other, the versions that are included in the kit are:

1 - Egyptian Armed Forces. Cairo, Summer 1956 
2 - Egyptian Armed Forces. Suez, Autumn 1956
3 - Egyptian Armed Forces. 1956-1967
4 - Egyptian Armed Forces. Six-Day War. Sinai. Summer 1967  -  This version
5 - Egyptian Armed Forces. 1967-1973

The reason why I chose this tank was because I initially liked the wheel configuration, it was the only one which had the odd shaped spider wheel rather than a solid one. Plus this is the only version which has the big DShK machine gun on the turret.

My next T-34 will be a soviet one from WW2 era, I really like the T-34...

Ed

OK, understood you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there folks, hope everyone is well, it's been a while since my last update, I have been on holiday then a load of house work when I got back, so glad to be back doing some modelling again. So I started to work on the top part of the turret, here are a couple of views of the assembly showing some shells, spare ammo magazines etc, some parts are temporarily fixed with maskol, hence the purple colour....

y4mahYjT0yvxOsRfKx92JIi_lFRitVuWeGAa6TPt

y4mHFaRK7Wz6sDM4eK4kyCMvV2h2xKiL0dxxx1za

The same now painted and a little bit of pin wash and weathering...

y4m7L_DLgBjWgEGuyKyQ-hJgoyX3HVbpMubjcCv5

y4mk2lw1D9qX4wewWe_N63sy9ndhhMEec-ZVb4Nz

A view showing the top of the inside of the turret, the scopes are just placed on as these will be removed prior to painting the exterior, then fitted properly...

y4mTDgKlv01CpDWHIRfg0fVV2tbqt_cPONFk4_21

Finally the two together...

y4mEsLS8jhJaQRRk7k3N71GO7RN-VL0XrkNPfw1J

That's all for now be back as soon as I have assembled some more...

Thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 15

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Great work Ed. That pin wash has really made the detail pop out.

John.

Thanks John, appreciate that, not too far to go now, then I can start painting the exterior

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks, managed to do a bit more to the turret of this T-34. I glued the top and bottom assemblies together to look as shown in the photo's, I intend to have the top removable in the final build so that you can have a good look inside...

y4mVG1TpRH1y9D_eu_rjDSzXY_LYlVZVC8UKqaTZ

y4mL7bJ27b0GBcVXys5Uyq7XB34ktHKUlx1jkKo8

y4moZZS8kDL-A4KDXvRBuYnw08Dw8leantBrTBMW

y4m_y5Fb0Xhpt1IFe9RrJRlokHmkLnlnH3RY7gVe

I then started to work on the big DShK machine gun, Quite a few parts in the assembly on this and really quite fiddly but I think it looks great. The end of the gun had a little pip for the muzzle so I cut this off, drilled a hole and added some metal tubing, this looks much better...

y4m8FItEHAA8rvKR-le-2nNdTG0gPvZo3kBNTCil

y4m2CER8aFGpJEs6cW8Ha7ncQ1egNkDbMLJDoNLh

here's a little video of this beast in action...    https://youtu.be/8HwzdyDUMXY

I have to say that the Russians certainly know how to make a machine gun! I'd love one of these on my car when somebody cuts me up!!!

These views show the gun in place on the top of the turret. None of the parts have been glued in place yet so there are slight gaps showing, it's just to see how things fit.

y4mkzbZDo1Pafn7hMBdFn6KY81eF70Q0-ZJhNlwW

y4mzqEIpLpi8p8YWz_ISgv9niX8tuCdEBHpITdin

y4muk9Y2OB5HtgoylWNXwcPjVdIY9H0InwMvuxmf

These are the aerials that Miniart provide, I think I'll give them a miss and use some wire or something instead.

y4mzXOyC5Z9SykY2ov0Ys9FleVv3-Z1dlzqf8Xww

That's it for now, I have quite a few small bits to do, some more parts to the inside of the top of the turret, plus the hatches to assemble, then I will need to make grab handles and tie down brackets etc...

I'll be back when I have more to show

thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 15

Fantastic work Ed - looks lovely.

Personally I think you should give those kit aerials a go, after all there's only 7 sprue attachments point on each so they should clean up easily enough 🤪

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, vytautas said:

Seconded. I have not changed my mind! :)

Vytautas

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I second, er third, what @vytautas had said before....!! :)

First class job indeed!!

Keith

Thanks very much chaps, really appreciate that, thanks for looking in and commenting

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lummox said:

Fantastic work Ed - looks lovely.

Personally I think you should give those kit aerials a go, after all there's only 7 sprue attachments point on each so they should clean up easily enough 🤪

Brilliant, No, I'll think I'll give them a miss or else I'll end up with 7 little parts for each  aerial to glue and try and keep straight..

Ed

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I second, er third, what @vytautas had said before....!! :)

First class job indeed!!

Keith

I'll fourth it........................

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2