T-34-85 Egyptian, Miniart 37071 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Your painting magic has worked very well again, the scuffing on those covers looks very realistic, exhaust manifolds look spot on as well, plus the detail on that crazy good cooling fan stands out even more now :thumbsup:

Matt 

Thanks you Matt for your comments, there are lots of detail still to show on the rest of this model... will get there eventually..

thanks

Ed

Gotta agree with what others have said, this is top-notch work!

Engines with all their tubes, wires, and various colored details are probably the most interesting part of the models. A well-made engine is like jewelry, and your engine is like that.

And one question - what paint did the radiator paint?

Vytautas

46 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Gotta agree with what others have said, this is top-notch work!

Engines with all their tubes, wires, and various colored details are probably the most interesting part of the models. A well-made engine is like jewelry, and your engine is like that.

And one question - what paint did the radiator paint?

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas, I agree with you, I really like engines they are great fun to do. As for the radiator paint, I used  dark aluminium for the outside with streaking grime lightly washed over it. The radiator grills I have painted dark grey, It's actually much darker in real life than on the photo...

all the best

Ed

Edited by edjbartos
spelling
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Impressive work Ed. It looks so real, you can hear it working!

Details on cooling fan is particularly intriguing. Which metal paints are you using for brush painting? I haven't found one that I am completely satisfied with.

Nenad

Hi Nenad, thanks for your comments, for the metal I use AK Xtreme Metal , Dark Aluminium. Their metal paints are lovely to use and spray beautifully, never tried brushing them though. If you do get some make sure that you use their Xtreme cleaner as normal airbrush cleaner will struggle to clean up properly. After that I just used Mig Black Night pin wash over all the details...

all the best

Ed

• Like 2

Just a quick update, I have now started to install the engine into the main body of the tank, here are a few photo's showing my progress so far...

y4mOzYqxTGB50hoPAxrfCVK5fxXE9zrgqsse965n

y4mrI3B1TgLYI6h_2t_jVsIMP05op0PGHq5tJOHy

y4md8Q67uM97cwjlGSRYiVrEpoYmKs6fbjIxTPxo

A view of the the whole tank assembly to this stage...

y4mcFCKpfqAYJfDP7WaScKNrgb72KLZIq3yDSbrC

Next job is to start to install the transmission and other sub assemblies around it. I'll be back when that is done...

as always thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 19

59 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

A view of the the whole tank assembly to this stage

Great work, the detail is incredible. 👏 👏

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

Beautiful work, Ed! I am really enjoying following your thread.

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas, it's slow going but I'm getting there, It's a great model to build, so really enjoying myself..

all the best

Ed

26 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

That's looking superb Ed, the subtle weathering on the fuel tanks is proper nice mate :thumbsup:

Cheers Dan, really appreciate that mate, It's one of those models that you can't stop yourself adding detail, I have to stop or else I get that obsessed look from the missus 🤣

all the best 

Ed

• Like 1

Hello guys, a new update, I have now started the final part of the interior build for the base, starting off with a bulk plate between the engine and transmission....

y4mFBt9F1T5ShVHWUsfbnSJoSl9wfkSsNAob03Tw

Now, this next stage started to cause quite a lot of problems, the instructions tell you to add the transmission, followed by I believe are air cleaners, which are housed on the brackets of the yellow coloured tanks. To fit these air cleaners with the transmission in place is nigh on impossible causing frustration and nearly a flying tank body!!!

y4m5jo7CGfjH5RXfng3PecbyPD155WI4VfoIgSdn

So I decided to take off the transmission and then glue in said air cleaners.....

y4mfbc7bHvUzQQdeYPqLfF8EQ8oR54aM-mcb1GV9

y4m84ckBSvK0AhXrxo9idK22ag2CzGkg21uArzXX

Now it was easy to just add the transmission, why didn't I think of that in the first place!

y4mstSU1UBzeq2obbXcZwtSj4ZooWM8dFtdSLep6

y4mDy87WHlbpEKgjV0-0ci-08-_DWIQueGaGGhVG

So now this is the top level view of the nearly completed engine, all that needs to be added are the exhausts which will take place in a few stages time...

y4mdLhREHcYAajmtw2vJGy9bCEDIwWptcT7or-xk

A view of the transmission with the back panel, which is not fixed in place at the moment...

y4mL8yICiQxnJtvKqz1aJIbpOZcGzsHjbMWcmsDV

A final view of the interior of the base pretty much completed now, with the exception of the exhausts...

y4m8tnf08L-6kq7JPAOJ65gPgJ6cq3CaksSpNNxs

Now on to the exterior, will be back shortly when I've made a start...

all the best 

Ed

• Like 18

3 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Now it was easy to just add the transmission, why didn't I think of that in the first place!

More to the point, why didn't Miniart....??!!

Good save anyway, and it all looks tremendous now Ed, really enjoyed watching your work as it came together - top stuff!

Keith

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

More to the point, why didn't Miniart....??!!

Good save anyway, and it all looks tremendous now Ed, really enjoyed watching your work as it came together - top stuff!

Keith

Thanks Keith, I was lucky this time it was easy to do, I should have known better with Miniart, I've done one or two in the past and had similar issues, their instructions can sometimes be a bit strange to say the least....

thanks for looking in and commenting

Ed

I've been watching this with great interest.

Some fabulous work so far, which is inspiring for a relative amateur like me.

I know I can't achieve this level yet, or maybe ever, but it makes me want to keep trying new things and improving.

Edited by Trevor L
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, edjbartos said:

causing frustration and nearly a flying tank body!!!

I think we all have moments like this, when something comes close to a flying lesson ;)

You have created a fantastic looking interior Ed, :thumbsup:

Matt

• Thanks 1