T-34-85 Egyptian, Miniart 37071 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

Hi Folks, I have now started to build the engine and have added the injector pipes, this time I have used copper wire rather than lead wire that I had used on the T-55A, this is so much easier to work with, it's more stable and I think gives a better result...

y4m_f0N8gtiiuKNnShFQzIBsG0ssKK5hV9pq2uCG

y4mn9ZKJsbB6sbEcUizBsazC9e9-3PHxa_At_ICp

A view showing the engine with the two radiators...

y4mWcMTdOzsSc-rfPFNNYvOAavuRUJISfgWKKJHd

The Centrifugal cooling fan and fan Impeller before assembly...

y4mGt_VZRgWAHJeBHgClEiUZmYgO8ojxdN6iLidG

A couple of views of the Cooling fan assembly, really nice detail on the mouldings here...

y4m8e21edp283tbw-wYZXLuCAEUHHj267dEDlZEny4mmbRLM8_wqXYiyaLG7BZFDjTDVo3r_av3RSLIB

A view showing the Centrifugal cooling fan attached to the engine...

y4mwuKLpiPGr-MuuVDu4cpJK1eU_Lct3H-JzVD6C

Final view showing the transmission assembly with the engine, some more parts need to be attached to the transmission later on...

y4mZ2y4drf3TvAEldo0g7Ee43_jN-i-mF9Us851r

So now I need to break up the parts and start to prime, then paint and weather in the detail. I'll be back when that's complete..

all the best, thanks for looking in..

Ed

• Like 18

10 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The detail on that cooling fan from Miniart is very impressive to be honest, should all look very nice once you have done your painting magic :)

Matt

Thanks Matt, after doing a few of their kits in the past I'm always amazed at some of the quality of their mouldings...

thanks for commenting

Ed

10 hours ago, Dads203 said:

That engine will be work of art when you get some paint on fella, nice work indeed :thumbsup:

Thanks Dan, Miniart do know how to model an impressive engine, just hope that I can do it justice and paint It ok...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

9 hours ago, robw_uk said:

gorgeous engine... I am NOT scratchbuilding one for my T-34 D30 so can just admire from a distance

" I am NOT scratchbuilding one for my T-34 D30 ", now come on Rob, of all people I'd have thought that this was right up your street 🤣 .  I don't blame you, what you have already done on yours looks brilliant already...

thanks for commenting and looking in

Ed

• Like 1

Superlative. I have this model but with no interiors on my pipeline so your work is absolutely useful. Great pics, too!👍

Ciao

Filippo

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Phil1960 said:

Superlative. I have this model but with no interiors on my pipeline so your work is absolutely useful. Great pics, too!👍

Ciao

Filippo

Thanks Filippo for your comments, hope my build helps with yours...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Excellent engine. What guage wire are you using on the spark plugs?

Hi SoftScience, I had used 0.3mm copper wire for the injector pipes, 

thanks for looking in and for your comments

Ed

• Thanks 1

Repeating what's been said before but the engine looks smashing!

If its turns out as good as the rest it'll be tremendous when completed. 

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Repeating what's been said before but the engine looks smashing!

If its turns out as good as the rest it'll be tremendous when completed. 

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl, really appreciate that, there's lovely detail in the moulding here's hoping I can do It justice...

Ed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Just catching up again. Really neat work with the engine and fan Ed.

John.

Many thanks John, I really like the detail on this engine, they have done a lovely job with the mouldings. I'm halfway painting it at the moment so hopefully will be able to post more soon...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alpha Juliet said:

Superb - I'm in for the ride.  Hopefully this will give me inspiration and help get my mojo back!

Adrian

Thanks Adrian for your comments, glad to have you along for the ride, I'm afraid it will probably be a long one my friend...

cheers

Ed

Hi Guys, I have now finished painting the engine for the T-34, I have decided on this one to weather the covers a bit and show a bit more of a worn finish. Here are some views with the engine and the cooling fan, the fan is not secured in place at the moment, so may look slightly off on some photo's, this will be glued when fitting into the main tank body.....

y4mvXPGwEllep7ivbhyMIRm7-6C8pnftsYOtljMO

y4my2VsnG-JY0a1CrWJW3J-efKgNLdOOICga_ifm

y4mD2fBISBexRdK2Nq7rhk2ZB8no8n0qAc3mPWLL

y4m7DIRzHVVx9BlVyNgt1Ona7IlwFD3bypA0sTZD

y4maYzCx5FjBe_iMyms26mT5qWgXsmYbQI9w4Uii

y4mwaa_6ynaO12UbM7r3HaQX3BGza3AtoLpNBih9

y4mHUQGnG9SzuVNxZe8MyDeVPuOivwUXEAMb4bLY

A view with the painted transmission, there are quite a few more bits to be added to this, such as the starter motor and stands for the transmission etc. I have just finished assembling those and have primed them so will finish painting and will assemble those when fitting the engine to the body...

y4m9Ge4mFCZpXaMJc20GbXoGnZYiK9yXVlyRXDm_

A view showing the engine with the radiators, these are roughly the position they will be when fitted to the body. I know that this will hide the work on the lower half of the engine, but I'm not bothered about that as I have been able to try things out for future painting and If anyone wants to see more detail I can always show them the pictures...

y4mJ4fMdGN0NgJ7M0_IsRY-mhAsoFUo1NQG7yh-u

that's it for now, will be back soon when I've done some more....

all the best

Ed

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Your painting magic has worked very well again, the scuffing on those covers looks very realistic, exhaust manifolds look spot on as well, plus the detail on that crazy good cooling fan stands out even more now :thumbsup:

Matt 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, keefr22 said:

More superb work Ed, I really like the weathering on the cam covers and exhausts - shame the latter will be hidden by the rads, but we've seen the pics....!! :)

All looks great!

Keith

Many thanks Keith, I really appreciate that...

Ed