T-34-85 Egyptian, Miniart 37071 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

The odd road wheel and the different coloured fuel tanks add a little bit of extra interest. Nice work Ed.

John.

Thanks John, really appreciate that, I love the spider wheels on this tank and  agree with you it does add a bit of interest...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there folks, a little up date on my tank, managed to get some time to do some more. I started to do a bit of weathering to the bottom part of the tank, I did some pin washes using oils.

y4mS21882KMavU6o6GBtR5lazyPnttPOUDdUPdgN

y4m-o12xB5DwjrcA_KMxdBFJDGmeyANxKCp6MAU1

Then I did some pin washes on the top side of the tank to bring out a bit more detail, I will need to do more in some areas but will wait until later when more of the painting is done, as I do not wish to over do this at this stage.

y4mQXOmXT6JNjhFuFkHxNJIiE5XiEyBZnDjPfeJ5

y4mbA5M7dVrTU0ueZZZ_UQSAkZRRgqz9rL4GqCe4

I also managed to start work again on the tracks. I used AK burnishing fluid. I have never done this before so it was a little bit of trial and error. But I think they have come out alright. Already I like the different variations in colour of the tracks. I have some spare which I have also burnished so I will experiment with applying "Lifecolors, Rain and dust washes" which will hopefully leave small bits of pigment in the little nooks and crannies of the tracks.  Also the resin pins will need to be painted a rust colour to match.

y4mX8CvYWiE_N0QAkNFfycEeQXPcn8S8dfDhIwdO

that's all for now, will be back soon

thanks for looking

Ed

• Like 13

oh wow... I wish I could get the base coat so subtle... mine always ends up as a block of colour.... know it is down to how badly I can use an airbrush but really must learn......

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, robw_uk said:

oh wow... I wish I could get the base coat so subtle... mine always ends up as a block of colour.... know it is down to how badly I can use an airbrush but really must learn......

Thanks Rob, always appreciate you looking in and commenting..

all the best

Ed

15 hours ago, Tom W. said:

You will have another beautiful model. I really like the paint job with all the scratches and the tracks look PHENOMENAL.

11 hours ago, IGKent said:

Tank tracks looks very realistic Ed! :like:

Thank you both guys, really appreciate your comments and thanks for looking in...

Ed

Hi Ed, your T34 is looking tremendous, far too many elements to comment on individually but just superb craftmanship. 

I've a T34 in front of me now,  thankfully not a Miniart one though and yours is proving quite the inspiration...

Great work,  looking forward to seeing it completed. 

Atb 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Ed, your T34 is looking tremendous, far too many elements to comment on individually but just superb craftmanship. 

I've a T34 in front of me now,  thankfully not a Miniart one though and yours is proving quite the inspiration...

Great work,  looking forward to seeing it completed. 

Atb 

Darryl 

Hi Darryl, great to hear from you, thanks for your comments, means a lot. I have a thing about Russian tanks, especially the t-55/54 and t-34, just in case you haven't noticed 😀, so will look forward to seeing yours...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

16 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Hi Darryl, great to hear from you, thanks for your comments, means a lot. I have a thing about Russian tanks, especially the t-55/54 and t-34, just in case you haven't noticed 😀, so will look forward to seeing yours...

all the best

Ed

Well I've a choice of three, RFM T34, Takom Type 69 (copy T54/55) or Amusing Hobbys Shot Kal and two weeks to assemble them...

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Well I've a choice of three, RFM T34, Takom Type 69 (copy T54/55) or Amusing Hobbys Shot Kal and two weeks to assemble them...

Atb

Darryl 

What a choice Darryl, for me I'd choose the Takom Type 69, just seen a few photo's on the internet, it looks amazing with loads of detail. Tough choice though. Interesting to see what you pick...

Ed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there guys, a little update, I carried on working on the tracks. After the initial burnishing which gave a nice brown base colour, I used Lifecolor Rain and Dust washes, this gave a really nice tone to the tracks but not enough dust for my liking. So I decided to add some sand coloured pigment to the tracks then added a pigment fixer. This worked a bit too well and the pigment was well and truly fixed. So out with a stiff brush enabled me to brush most of it off just leaving just a bit of pigment in the corners of the track which is what I wanted. Good job that I decided to use CA to fix the resin track pins or else these would have come off....

y4mjVMnLuJzcIgCjhH-gZc7pO-sy9Ig3hCbe3JoF

A little view with the track on the tank, not fixed in place yet...

y4musLTwgIP9wMFNXbFRktsDk4InYHVWHpPHRLdl

I added some rust pigments on to the spare tracks...

y4maBmkSQcmDAmOwP0tJL6go09tSetfsn7xoT1Ey

On the rear plate I added the exhausts and covers...

y4mbO2BTTvY8KYqPHLwvNo_WMRdf2MJaOR5cWAhr

I have now painted the big DSHK gun...

y4mFWicX-MF2QFVVkp17QU8_6MbCJVwvGl5uGviG

Finally I painted the tow cables and cables with blocks....

y4mDVB5ZYf57zQ14xsLlFIO1zHE2dwqQOVkqjuRx

That's it for now, some more painting on tools to do then I will need to start assembling everything together...

will be back soon

thanks for looking, all the best

Ed

• Like 14

15 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Perfect! From the gun to the exhausts to the tow cables. They've come alive. Nice work ED.

John.

12 hours ago, vytautas said:

Everything looks just great, especially the tow cables and tracks. You are great at showing the age of things!

Vytautas

Thank you John and Vytautas, for your kind words, much appreciated...

Ed

Knocking it out of the park with this build Ed, is the DShK the kit offering or after market?

(Probably could do with one for the Type 69 at some point). 

Great finish on the tracks and exhausts, who's tracks are they? (Apologies if I've missed it earlier).

How long did you leave the tracks to soak for, when I've used the AK stuff in the past it seams to take ages to burnish completely and then blink and its dissolving the pins!

Looks really good with the back panel removed, giving a glimpse of what's inside. 

As this is nearing the finish line what's going to be the next project, not inpatient in the slightest....:whistle:

Atb

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Knocking it out of the park with this build Ed, is the DShK the kit offering or after market?

(Probably could do with one for the Type 69 at some point). 

Great finish on the tracks and exhausts, who's tracks are they? (Apologies if I've missed it earlier).

How long did you leave the tracks to soak for, when I've used the AK stuff in the past it seams to take ages to burnish completely and then blink and its dissolving the pins!

Looks really good with the back panel removed, giving a glimpse of what's inside. 

As this is nearing the finish line what's going to be the next project, not inpatient in the slightest....:whistle:

Atb

Darryl 

Hi Darryl, thanks for your kind comments. The DShK gun came with the kit. Typical Miniart, it was a kit by itself!! Really nice detail though.

The tracks were by Masterclub, First time I have ever done any so can't compare with others, but I will definitely use them for other builds no problem. They use resin pins to fix the tracks together which are a bit fiddly but ok and its best to add a touch of CA before pushing the pins home. The tracks are then rock solid. The holes go all the way through on this version any way so you have the option of using your own wire if you so wish.

Regarding the AK burnishing fluid, I looked at a few Youtube videos and they generally diluted the fluid with water. I did about 50/50 or so in a little tub. It took about 20-30 minutes giving them a light scrub with a toothbrush to release the bubbles from the surface of the tracks which would have prevented them from burnishing. Once I got them to the colour I wanted I  took them out and washed with water. By adding water It slows the process down and doesn't go off so quick, so you have time to get them out before they have gone too far. I had no problems with the resin pins, they were glued in with CA and were fine. Just had to use a colour to paint them afterwards to match the tracks.

As regards my next build I'm seriously considering this one...

y4myKaCZXlzUvjC3wb47JQNA4ErUF1DbTWva5uBI

As you can see It's another Miniart with Interior!!!

Before I tackle this I need to try and do some practising on figures as this kit is crying out for some, which is  one reason I have not tackled this earlier. All my figures in the past tended to look like the Joker 🤣, so need to try and get this sorted.

all the best

Ed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The T54 with dozer blade looks pretty good! :frantic:

Must just be me, I tend to use Fruils, I'll dilute the fluid but after such, to me at least, a short period of time I think, nah not burnished enough give it perhaps another hour or two.....and the wire pins start to dissolve. 

(Might have to try the Masterclub ones).

I've just assembled the T34 ones so I'll try again and see what happens.

Thanks for the info, really appreciated. 

Yeah figures are a real art in themselves,  really adds to a build but can be so tricky, for me at least.

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1