T-34-85 Egyptian, Miniart 37071 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

On 23/09/2021 at 09:34, edjbartos said:

Hello there folks, a little up date on my tank, managed to get some time to do some more. I started to do a bit of weathering to the bottom part of the tank, I did some pin washes using oils.

y4mS21882KMavU6o6GBtR5lazyPnttPOUDdUPdgN

y4m-o12xB5DwjrcA_KMxdBFJDGmeyANxKCp6MAU1

Then I did some pin washes on the top side of the tank to bring out a bit more detail, I will need to do more in some areas but will wait until later when more of the painting is done, as I do not wish to over do this at this stage.

y4mQXOmXT6JNjhFuFkHxNJIiE5XiEyBZnDjPfeJ5

y4mbA5M7dVrTU0ueZZZ_UQSAkZRRgqz9rL4GqCe4

I also managed to start work again on the tracks. I used AK burnishing fluid. I have never done this before so it was a little bit of trial and error. But I think they have come out alright. Already I like the different variations in colour of the tracks. I have some spare which I have also burnished so I will experiment with applying "Lifecolors, Rain and dust washes" which will hopefully leave small bits of pigment in the little nooks and crannies of the tracks.  Also the resin pins will need to be painted a rust colour to match.

y4mX8CvYWiE_N0QAkNFfycEeQXPcn8S8dfDhIwdO

that's all for now, will be back soon

thanks for looking

Ed

Hello Ed

Congratulations for the perfect chipping 👍
The colour combinations harmonise great and are the ideal basis for rust colours.
I can already smell the desert 😁

MD

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Hello Ed

Congratulations for the perfect chipping 👍
The colour combinations harmonise great and are the ideal basis for rust colours.
I can already smell the desert 😁

MD

Many thanks, appreciate you looking in and for your kind comments

Ed

Hi there everyone, I have now pretty much assembled everything that needs to be assembled and glued into place on this tank, this includes the hatches, tow cables, tools etc. A few pictures to show where I'm at...

y4mTF7pWpWl1Ij-sG5KWl4tYf-rI2tspJrTsVj6x

y4m53K-ehdsHW73x1M0iVJ1x3ziFzGdG1Oag6aUm

y4m1VTLsN96Gm1ilAwIju-Pz0LWbZWXvEHzVTH0H

y4mkhGVd_oTCdGvlbLR8LwjtGeNRe_I5RuVqgJ5z

The only other additions that need to be made are the two antennae, the DShK gun, and spare tracks to be placed on the turret and on the front glacis plate.

I now need to add more weathering, now that I have got everything together, with some more detail painting and adding some sand coloured pigments around the body and to the wheels and tracks etc
Then I think that will be it, hopefully the finished article.. I'll be back when I've finished.

as always thanks for looking in

Ed

• Like 11

12 hours ago, vytautas said:

Even unfinished looks great!

Vytautas

41 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Aye, it's mightily impressive. All that work and effort was really worth it.👍

Many thanks chaps for your kind comments, one more push and it will be done...

thanks

Ed

• Like 1

An absolute beauty Ed, your paintwork and weathering this far is just tremendous.

Really inspiring. 

Having shied away from the Miniart kits, up to now at least, they do a Su-122-54 that looks pretty impressive (thankfully without interior).

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

An absolute beauty Ed, your paintwork and weathering this far is just tremendous.

Really inspiring. 

Having shied away from the Miniart kits, up to now at least, they do a Su-122-54 that looks pretty impressive (thankfully without interior).

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl, much appreciated. The Su-122-54 is one of many Miniart kits that's still on my list to get and do. One day!!!

thanks

Ed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice work Ed. You've captured the look of the T54-85 in Egyptian hands perfectly. Now if you want anything rearranged on it, I'm sure that I could send along an M51.:wicked:

John.

Cheers John , thanks for your comments, I think I'll give the M51 a miss, It's already taken me months assembling this thing I don't want to go through  a re-assembly 😁

Ed

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Now if you want anything rearranged on it, I'm sure that I could send along an M51

I'm planning/hoping to make one which has been "rearranged"...

@edjbartos Well done, Ed. Nearly at the end of quite a long journey. That makes it all the more satisfying.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That looks stunning Ed, really superb paint and weathering !

Cracking job!

Keith

8 hours ago, Ade H said:

I'm planning/hoping to make one which has been "rearranged"...

@edjbartos Well done, Ed. Nearly at the end of quite a long journey. That makes it all the more satisfying.

Many thanks guys for your kind comments, I'm looking forward to finishing this off now, as you said Ade "quite a long journey", it certainly has been, but it's been a really nice build and I've tried a few new things in the process which has probably meant that it has taken a little bit longer to build... 

thanks

Ed

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks, hope everyone is well, I have now finally finished my Egyptian T-34/85, here are a few photo's going round the model...

y4mYeiprmLVVr_KHox4FEST7K9eYKx-pydMAKDpP

y4mAltZnSiE4-W7Drgg4NStRKDZRSRWTeIiyIqGb

y4mzAsgrwRqtD_znbmPp3S4ZDUUDlpKBBl8YYGCY

y4mFFi9aWjvPzeTTq2S2n08pIP5-_z7lkpkDzBwf

y4mjBqbivMPWM2UL15ymAmnV-4cr5loL2djo25US

y4meFLnAgE4G7q01qAeRtlugQssJsUxGdWAtcabh

y4m7S8CQQvVCuwWJrVWBeu93S2ol91vLUpmtN7rP

y4mUNwkFa4mYdYRJdDZJaVW4nU_Devey6Q1P-VQ8

A few close up photo's showing the DShK gun....

y4myr_Qr0ZG3DjypVvLTwZyolBHHziqMaBiN2RfM

y4mJpNu5tTT2j9Ous7NTwCXfwygAy8oQ-njabEAa

This is the first time that I have tried the Hairspray technique, using Tamiya paints, I think it has worked out really well, will definitely do this in the future, shame that the colour range is not so good. Just need to get colour combo's. there's loads on the internet, so no problem there. The tracks are by MasterClub which I really like and they have turned out well...

y4mZkhcDR9hYXvPDnDdr0AyqgOKBghhg-wfWX2Gd

y4mXaliphTt3lsIAvfaWHI_0yrswUIRMmgIJdGUm

y4mEpB4PJHO8mCieAX9XAU2UEKu5VYHonAnnxTPH

As always with an interior build I do like to try and show as much as possible of the interior, this time there were times when I felt I had gone a stage too far, as it presented extra problems as the build progressed, but worked out fine in the end. A few shots of the top of the turret...

y4mIrYm8En9MnUhbaTOJxQQmkssrUGGD9sXVWi-k

y4mlncsP9LtV_3VbJDyUkqByvMnJKgaVp0y8KBXl

y4m8SwN9A8wEvODK0SLm8sE0eKSmeP1l8TBAGxmQ

and underneath...

y4muPTqKd9wswwuZDw2yPYi7ip8nbNPqctu_wXI-

Inside the main body of the tank...

y4mOx-YB5gh5rB5LQe7INjnobDKCLPqNLkEjvIwt

y4mhen-CdY0NPzSptfl0NIjZbl5YobD281Ypc6Ke

y4mgirM_BIvVJbItzuSQUkcKGlXF6-G5MYiA9ryT

The  front/glacis plate is removable showing the front interior...

y4mwPfiVq_Yd1RyeyV7h6wDYxh62A0j7WPyLiTBL

y4mjJTRMOzVLaPx8ZXLcnEzp_sPKtqSe7jERC3Wf

Finally onto the rear, the engine cover is removable and the rear plate swings down to reveal the engine and transmission...

y4mdu3VuEVpw81-_V8BFvlNLioYcm3eHbl3_k1XP

y4mc5jToh1T4NTMBQMZ_99DBID9D-Jl9sJui7p5K

y4mHb2a2F4nIzKC0GAJMAk9ycX2SSjmOMGP5mOrS

y4mIE7Po-EIarF07_kJI8dwsqHKQ3Go9qIesCLhv

The complete view of the body with all cover's removed...

y4mzFd0TEb1nv68TxL9mVoGnASyObzwfyyxJg3xy

That's it, job done, taken a while but what a wonderfully interesting build this has been. Looking forward to doing another T-34 in the future...

Hope you like it, will post more detailed photo's in the "Ready for inspection" section soon. I hope you like it and thanks to all of you who have taken the time to comment, its really appreciated.

thanks for looking in.

all the best

Ed 

• Like 12

11 hours ago, Trevor L said:

Fantastic job, inside and out. 

10 hours ago, vytautas said:

Hi, Ed
I feel great pleasure looking at your tank. A truly amazing work! It reminds me of a piece of luxurious jewelry with its painting and incredibly meticulous workmanship.

Vytautas

Thank you both, as always your comments are really appreciated..

Ed

3 hours ago, Model Mate said:

fabulous result Ed - it's really nice that you can open it all up to see that brilliant interior.

Thank you for your kind comments, I do like to open up as much as possible to show what's inside, nearly came unstuck doing so with this one, but all came out ok in the end..

thanks

Ed