T-34-85 Egyptian, Miniart 37071 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

Carrying on with the build, I started to add bits and pieces to the body, photo showing some links on top of the fender with PE straps....

y4midTq_fLu_HDumwsoygcCroGNGuW494YPRIN3H

I started to add brackets for the external fuel tanks, the bar joining the brackets broke upon cutting from the sprue so it was easier to make out of copper wire...

y4meZW_yMbzAu1NE54SX_9VylLldirxO48I--Z7s

Some tanks added to the back plate, also storage at the bottom to accommodate jerry cans etc...

y4mDJYurfUN_uTGCb5dfptvEPWW5WdLt1r-pHwAM

Miniart seem to add far too many gates onto their ropes making it difficult to detach and clean without breaking so I decided to make my own and attach to the blocks. I'm not sure what these are used for, anyway I have temporally attached these hence the presence of maskol around the edges..

y4mZU6GVqCa560hS6DBbMDQFrmj79Xt2GUnVegBh

Next up is to start adding the wheels and external fuel tanks, I'll post when that is done..

all the best

Ed

• Like 14

48 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

I'm not sure what these are used for

I've got a sneaky feeling they are something to do with track maintenance, pulling the tracks onto the idlers/sprockets, and joining them up, maybe :hmmm:

Very nice progress, looking good.

Matt

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cerberus said:

"I've got a sneaky feeling they are something to do with track maintenance, pulling the tracks onto the idlers/sprockets, and joining them up, maybe :hmmm:

Could be, that makes sense Matt, thanks for looking in and commenting

all the best

Ed

11 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Sometimes it's a blessing when the kit parts break, and you have to make your own. The copper wire looks much better. Nice work Ed.

John.

Thanks John, I think it's pretty much a given with Miniart and replacing some of the small thin parts with copper, I'm just amazed how none of them got broken when they packed them into the box..

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

12 hours ago, edjbartos said:

Thanks John, I think it's pretty much a given with Miniart and replacing some of the small thin parts with copper, I'm just amazed how none of them got broken when they packed them into the box..

all the best

Ed

There are two things that I find totally baffling. One is the fact that swmbo thinks that it is completely impossible for her to ever be in the wrong, and two, once you've removed all of the parts from a Miniart box, it's impossible to get them all back in again.

John.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

There are two things that I find totally baffling. One is the fact that swmbo thinks that it is completely impossible for her to ever be in the wrong, and two, once you've removed all of the parts from a Miniart box, it's impossible to get them all back in again.

John.

Absolutely bang on, on both counts John...

Ed

8 minutes ago, Vaastav said:

Very nice work Ed. Love the handles on the side. 

Thank you Vaastav, very much appreciated..

Ed

• Like 2

Just now, Phil1960 said:

Sorry for the double post! I bought the T34/85 from Miniart without interior as I would like to built one from  1956 Suez Crisis. Lovely kit with minute details but it seems to me that the plastic is in general very weak if compared with Tamiya or Dragon models. What do yuo think about?

Ciao Filippo

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Phil1960 said:

Sorry for the double post! I bought the T34/85 from Miniart without interior as I would like to built one from  1956 Suez Crisis. Lovely kit with minute details but it seems to me that the plastic is in general very weak if compared with Tamiya or Dragon models. What do yuo think about?

Ciao Filippo

Hi Filippo, thanks for posting, Miniart plastic is generally very soft compared to Dragon and Tamiya and on small thin parts you really need to be careful when cutting from sprues. I have now done a few kits from them and still have problems with parts breaking, One advice I would give is to get a good pair of sharp cutters like Tamiya ones which are very sharp and cut beautifully. I first started to use cheaper cutters but I found in my experience that parts broke more often leading to frustration. But I love Miniart kits with the detail that you get, so I don't mind one or two breakages along the way...

all the best

Ed

• Thanks 1

Hi folks, another quick update, I have now added the fuel tanks to the rear sides of the tank with the associated PE straps. I have also assembled and added the wheels, they are just temporarily stuck on  at the moment and will remove when painting.

y4mPLMkUyGTqKuzdQxvs-rhS51KZViu19YZR6gDd

y4mx8vi3s__aQAG8DHVlpw1TqieF_nLlK54KspO-

y4mIopPefm7sqIL96pzby_l4gNtRMM3Wgmv4ZRPU

y4mp3R0cEc_FicDwAVTJyafP5BwQb3OhwLDP4B9b

That is pretty much most of the main body complete now, all that I have left off is the front hatch which is assembled, as is the machine gun and tow ropes and tools which I'll add on later. Next up is the assembly of the MasterClub tracks.

Will be back when those are done

thanks for looking, all the best

Ed

• Like 12

3 hours ago, vytautas said:

Looks really great! 👍

It looks like it will be one of those tanks that don't need to paint because it looks great anyway.

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas, yes I know what you mean, sometimes it is a shame to add paint because it hides all the extra detail that you have put into it, I just hope that It will look ok when I've painted it..

thanks for commenting and looking in

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

Lovely work as always Ed, it’s going to look superb with some paint on fella.

Thanks Dan, much appreciated, this is the time that I get a bit nervous, in that I hope I don't ruin it doing the paint job, hopefully it will turn out ok

all the best

Ed

• Like 2

Hi Ed,

Do you know why this has 2 different types of wheels? I have the Miniart T-34/85 composite turret 1944 and that suggest on a couple of the painting options to use 1 or 2 different wheels, but on others all the same. Perhaps it represents field repair or am i missing something?

George

• Like 1

Hello George, It could indicate where the tank was produced. As far as I can see, looking at reference photo's on some Russian tanks, they for example will choose a different colour for the exhausts to indicate which factory or plant that the engine was built in. Looking at some reference  photo's the wheel configuration for this tank indicates that it was of a Czechoslovak production. I had five different options to choose from for this tank and I mainly chose this one as I liked the different wheel configuration, the others being solid wheels rather than having one spider wheel plus this was the only version which has got the lovely DShK machine gun on the turret... 🙂

all the best, thanks for commenting

Ed

Edited by edjbartos