T-34-85 Egyptian, Miniart 37071 Interior Kit.

edjbartos

Hi folks, just starting on my next build, which is Miniart's T34-85 Egyptian tank. This looks to be an absolutely stunning kit, which only came out the end of last year, there is so much detail, hopefully I can do it justice. As is typical with Miniart with the amount of detail that you have, it comes at a cost with the amount of parts in the kit (no problem for me as I enjoy the building). You have no fewer than 82 sprues plus photo etch and decals. Looks like they give you decals for some shells and some instrument panels as well, which is nice. On checking the parts I only found one breakage which is on a thick bracket so no problems there, surprisingly all the really thin parts are intact.

You have the option of choosing from 5 different versions to build, the one that I am going to do is the same as the box art which is the Egyptian Armed Force. Six Day War. Summer 1967.

y4m0oH1avKzoW3E7WRcJo4CfWVyFQiPgvj7D4KMK

y4mij8I47vZPVrK1jzgtRf-42RerpBR0hi0dcShy

Just to get the thread going I have started preparing the parts for the base. Photo shows the early stages, lots more to include here. The parts are just placed on, not glued as the baseplate is white and all the other parts are supposed to be grey blue, I'm just waiting for paints to arrive from supplier then will crack on. The only additions that I need to get for the model are tow ropes from Eureka XXL.

y4m1iHc7LR7swuOpNU3EIwZiEPSCDXPbkpR7D7hN

That's all for now, will be back when the base construction is done.

All the best and thanks and for looking in....

Ed

• Like 13

I have to admit I couldn't see the point in these new armour models with interior, but having seen your lovely T-60 I'm beginning to see the attraction!

I don't ever see me building one as I'm so slow it would never get finished, so I'll just enjoy watching yours come together instead :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I have to admit I couldn't see the point in these new armour models with interior, but having seen your lovely T-60 I'm beginning to see the attraction!

I don't ever see me building one as I'm so slow it would never get finished, so I'll just enjoy watching yours come together instead :)

Keith

Thank you Keith, I must admit I just love doing interior builds, this is my third one, The T-60 was my last one and the T-55 was one before that which was an amazing model to build. That one took me 5 months to build and I think this one will take just as long, but I'm looking forward to doing it. Glad to have you following along. 

Thanks for looking in and for your comments

all the best

Ed

Ah! At last. Something for my M51's to do battle with. Good choice Ed. I've often considered doing something from the opposing sides. Still, I do have the T34-122 to finish.....one day.

John.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Ah! At last. Something for my M51's to do battle with. Good choice Ed. I've often considered doing something from the opposing sides. Still, I do have the T34-122 to finish.....one day.

John.

Thanks John, when this one came out last year I was just finishing the T-55 and I said to myself at the time I have to do this one. I just like to do the Russian tanks at the moment, not that you'd noticed 😀

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

Blimey Ed, you do like a challenge.

I love a Miniart kit, they are pretty comprehensive with detail and parts count. Having witnessed your previous builds I have no doubt you will do this one justice and create another stunner.

Wayne

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

I saw a box review and was blown away at how much stuff they give you and not at a ridiculous price. Good luck on the build, it will be great to follow your journey.👍

Thanks Stef, they are wonderful value for money, pretty much everything is in the box apart from tow cables. The detail In this kit is absolutely incredible especially the engine. They also make the engine panel removable so that you can see all that detail...

thanks for looking in and commenting

Ed

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

Blimey Ed, you do like a challenge.

I love a Miniart kit, they are pretty comprehensive with detail and parts count. Having witnessed your previous builds I have no doubt you will do this one justice and create another stunner.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, I know, I must be mad or a glutton for punishment.  :banghead: But I have to admit I do love their kits, it will be interesting to see how this one turns out...

as always, thanks for your comments, really appreciate it...

Ed

Hi Folks, an update on this build, I have now finished the first stage of the base interior, this has taken a little while to do, a lot of little parts to assemble and fit, so took some time to do. No real fit problems here, so all went together quite well. I have distressed the ammunition boxes behind the seats, I may apply a little dusting later on with pigments when I get the sides done and fitted. Here are some photo's of the baseplate so far...

View showing the DGT machine gunners seat and drivers seat, Air bottles are also shown mounted on the glacis plate apparently used to aid engine start-ups

y4m7X4KtSUTh_vqoTnewiQOBqwlwa9gDqNjLp5-w

Drivers seat with controls and sandwich bucket to his left...

y4mSw_i3LQbe88mOPIYRgcCWmueEErkspWZthCU_

y4mXdyb56SZ2-bfbBbjx6r1o6ZvkBrIdET3KRHhx

View of the DGT machine gunners seat with spare cartridges in the rack in front and escape hatch...

y4mwRHx_SsV3Svkp-7sPHM7ZpjeIB5rqwoAquVtA

The next stages are to assemble the sides so will come back when that is done, that's the first 12 stages done, only another 103 stages to go, nearly there....😀

thanks for looking in…

Ed

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Ed, you do like these Miniart interior kits don't you, and it shows!

Tremendous work, hope it at least some of it can be seen once completed!

Cheers

Darryl 

Seconded. Really great job, nice to watch!

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Ed, you do like these Miniart interior kits don't you, and it shows!

Tremendous work, hope at least some of it can be seen once completed!

Cheers

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl for looking in and your comments, Yes I do like Miniart, the detail they put in is amazing. Hopefully I should be able to show quite a lot of the interior, certainly around the engine where the top panel comes completely off. I have an idea for the front but won't get to that for a couple of months due to the amount of work on the model that needs to be done before that.... 

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

Just a quick update to keep things moving, I have now started to assemble the sides, a photo showing the right hand side with spring coils of the suspension housed in their columns...

y4mapnrA8XTPWN_KTBwwMJh1HXp_1_WDSJ3gfLox

Photo's showing in true Blue Peter fashion, one I have done earlier, which is the left hand side, with suspension in place and side painted ready for a pin wash and then adding all the extra tanks, shells and equipment, all these have been built just needs painting and fixing in place...

y4mVxKOAJFe-03EHEm61BdlItGfhrSH4zPEWMAPU

View showing the spring coils, not sure how much will be visible when the wheels are in place...

y4mOpGA9AlK3qCQrcUaLvDR_oyQkgeTz6vPGrKLc

That’s all for now, will post again when I have finished adding the equipment to the left hand side...

all the best

Ed

• Like 10

2 hours ago, vytautas said:

Looks great. Very neat and precise 👍

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas, it's slow progress at the moment, lots of little assemblies to do, but I'm slowly getting there.

thanks for looking in and commenting

Ed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Das Abteilung said:

I quite fancy one of these but I have no real interest in the interior.  I'm hoping they'll do a Syrian one with the curious DshK mount.

They pretty much do a non interior version for every Interior one that they do, but I've not seen one with the DshK mount either...

thanks for looking in

Ed

Hi folks, hope you are all keeping well. A new update, I have finally been able to finish the left hand side of the body. A view showing the completed left hand side...

y4mGubgY3pecyVPidrgiIMT4MGpwukAcv-AsuqWf

A closer view, this model came out at the end of last year and for this one Miniart have included decals for instrument panels, gauges and also for the shells, which I think is a nice touch. On the gauges I have added a drop of Microscale Kristal Clear to make it look like glass...

y4mVFVPQ1DnvdgOgCMziWdoYMTBfSiKElRVM5YY5

A couple of views showing the left hand side attached, not glued to the base. The fit is so good that the side literally clips on to the base without any trouble, really impressed with the way that they have engineered this...

y4mVtGwhZHhFGbTBbhwpKyVyTSMEgj5VF6UfrPZo

y4mbDT_yI8fVobIWcwaDa9e1tefk8IAuJqKb9LEx

After all the work it's starting to look as though I'm getting somewhere, now to start on the right hand side, so probably will post in another week...

all the best

Ed

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1