Irish Air Corps Green

Martian

I have just picked up the KP kit of the SIAI Warrior and want to finish it in Irish Air Corps colours. The kit is less than clear about what colour to use, just giving a number for an unspecified brand. What is the nearest Tamiya, Mr Hobby Aqueous or MRP colour to use? Bearing in mind that I am colour blind so ixing is not really an option.

Thanks in advance.

Martian 👽

The actual colour used was a gloss dark green Akzo Nobel 042002 which is virtually identical to Forest Green FS 14079 used on many US aircraft. Hannants have it in gloss in their Xtracolor and Xtracrylic ranges. See link below:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=&product_type_id=&code=&scale_id=&keyword_search=FS+14079&setPerPage=25&sort=0&search_direction=0&restore_search=&save_search_active=yes&save_search_name=&save_search=

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Joe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That helps a lot Joe. I don't really get on with Hannants paints but it gives me a very good pointer.

Grateful of Mars 👽

19 hours ago, cvrle said:

Which Orange did you use?

(Looking great, btw!)

Thanks!

Thank you, IIRC I used Vallejo Model Air Orange(71.083) as a base with a coat of Mr.Color Fluorescent Red(C171) on top to give it a bit of vibrancy.