A pair of 1/72 'Mossies'!

3 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

A terrific pair of Mossies, especially the Airfix kit considering its age now.  That vacform canopy is a huge improvement.  I do like the scheme on these two as it seems to really bring out the sleekness of the design.  Quite rare for Fighter and Bomber Command to share the same scheme. 

I was going to put an order in for the Blackbird's two-stage Merlins but the Airfix announcement changed all that (all hail Airfix - I'll be getting at least four).   Now I'll save up for Blackbird's Lincoln conversion set instead. 

Who knows, if the People's Mosquito project goes to plan we might see this sight again if their aircraft drops in to East Kirkby for a visit. 

Many thanks, the Airfix kit still builds into a nice representation of the 'Mossie' despite its age.  I think I have the canopy sitting a little too high but didn't want to 'fiddle' with it any more. 

I doubt Blackbird or anyone else would produce more resin conversions given the announcement from Airfix. 

If you obtain a Lincoln conversion no doubt Airfix may bring that out!  I bought a couple of High-Planes Beauforts a few years ago and look what happened!😁

Davey.

• Haha 1