New Airfix 1/72 pzkpfw vi Tiger 1

Well here's my rather cack-handed attempt at Airfix's excellent new 1/72 Tiger 1. Probably not as detailed as the Revell or Zvezda kit but it really scores on tne repesentation of the schachtellaufwerk. (Btw I've used the complex version even though you might not know it from my model...) - I think it gives the tank a sense of heft that I haven't often seen in a 1/72 representation. And most importantly,  I think it's a really enjoyable build. Anyway, here's some photos. I know that the base paintwork for the winter camo was probably dunkelgelb but I thought that the dunkelgrau wasn't entirely improbable. I also thought it would show the markings better, but that was before I (i) didn't read the instructions and neglected to add the left side balkenkreuz before attaching the tow cable and (ii) made a general nause-up of the decal application. My eyesight (failing) and fingers (old and shaky) conspire against me these days. In slight mitigation, the white paint isn't quite as claggy on the model as it looks in the photos. And I'm awaiting the Aber set for the hull m/g. 

Hier sind die Bilder! 

Og7qNLip_t.jpg 7gkzfVkI_t.jpg ShEFL7py_t.jpg uOVGkTRl_t.jpg 5tZF0RWN_t.jpg

• Like 21