Hannover Cl.IIIa references

MarkoZG

Hi,

I just acquired an old Airfix Hannover Cl.IIIa kit and immediately searched for useful articles on the web.

However, I didn't find many and most of them were straightforward out-of-the-box builds.

Given the age of this kit I sincerely doubt it is so flawless, so I would like to ask for some help and advice.

Which references would you recommend to make this kit accurate?

Any good and reliable scale plans?

Any known errors which should be corrected?

Which decals would you recommend for lozenges?

Thanks.

Marko

Marko...These two books will answer every single question you might have about the Hannover.  Everything.

50911676412_4c71d9b43f_c_d.jpg

Scale plans, camo info...everything.

To make the Airfix kit better...scratch build all the struts and work on the interior a bit.  Use after-market guns and/or raid a Roden kit for highly detailed moulded pieces. 

Sand down the wings a bit and do away with all the crazy 1970's decals, if your kit is old enough.  Once you have sorted the decal situation, check out Avia decals.  You might want to use some 1/48th scale lozenge for the camo regardless of the source.  Hmmm...anything else?  Ah yes...

Have fun!!!  😆

The lozenge has been bugging me as long as the kit has been in the stash. Seems to be much larger elements than all other lozenges and different shades. Is that a dodgy profile seeding a thousand references, or something genuinely specific to hannovers?