Swift FR.5 - Airfix 1/72

CedB

Mrs T has said they are getting a few reports of reactions, but not many and mostly flu like symptoms and people are getting over them fairly quickly. Seems like (bad) luck of the draw. Hope you feeling better soon, just relax and watch a film or something similarly mind numbing. I understand 'Contagion' and 'Outbreak' are very popular on Netflix at present. 

• Haha 8

Morning Ced, hope you're feeling better today. My vacination was cancelled a fortnight ago, because the covid test I had as part of an ONS survey the week before came back positive! This despite shielding for a year now! Luckily I've had absolutely no symptoms at all (neither has the missus) and with a compromised immune system I would have thought I would have by now, so hoping it was a false positive......

Anyway, GWS!

Keith

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Sorry to hear about the vaccine reaction but as others have said, it means your immune system is working. Its way better than getting Covid. Mrs Martian and myself had it full on early last year and it was by far and away the worst we have ever felt. They are trying out the vaccine on Martians tomorrow to see if it works on Aliens. They were going to try it out on Vogons but it seems that the virus has rejected them. Must be the poetry.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Thanks everyone!

Strangely this thread isn’t appearing in my ‘Content I Follow’ list so I missed your posts - perhaps it’s a virus?

Feeling a bit better today so replies soon... and maybe even some progress!

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

Thanks Lewis, Giorgio, Ben, Cookie, Bill, Ali, Mr T, Leon, Bill, Simon, Keith, Simon and John :) 

Very kind of you all…

Feeling better today and had some mojo so:

50962916667_32184ee74b_z.jpg

Then I got a bit hot, so the unmasking will have to wait for a bit…

• Like 15

Sorry to hear you were unwell but at least you’re ( partially I presume ) vaccinated. Our vaccination program seems to be proceeding at a snails pace I have the privilege of being level 7 out of 14 ( I think) because I have an underlying condition, but I’m still not holding out much hope for 2021 :) modelling and the inter web will keep me sane ( hopefully) while I wait for normality to resume.

Swift looks good btw.

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

17 hours ago, perdu said:

Dont leave it too long

Dont ask...

Good to see you have s

Very good

Thanks Bill :) I won't leave it at all! See below…

17 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Glad to have you back, but take it easy.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Ali :) 

15 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Sorry to hear about your reaction. I hope you look less unwell than the Swift! Green paint and putty is not a fetching look...

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian :) The putty always looks like some Monster from the Lagoon doesn't it? Weird stuff.

14 hours ago, Marklo said:

Sorry to hear you were unwell but at least you’re ( partially I presume ) vaccinated. Our vaccination program seems to be proceeding at a snails pace I have the privilege of being level 7 out of 14 ( I think) because I have an underlying condition, but I’m still not holding out much hope for 2021 :) modelling and the inter web will keep me sane ( hopefully) while I wait for normality to resume.

Swift looks good btw.

Thanks Mark :)

Sorry to hear you're having to wait - but we've yet to see how the vaccines will allow us to get to a 'new normal'. Strange times.

31 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Glad you’re feeling a little better. Hot or not the green looks great. ❤️

Thanks Johnny :) 

Masking off.

50964613488_3662a29104_z.jpg

Just a few mistakes here:

50964614758_8037801f88_z.jpg

…which I'm not bothered about but this:

50964616003_1859a0ae0f_z.jpg

…and this:

50965431892_813db7de60_z.jpg

… have been touched up.

Now I need to wait for the paint to dry, again, and then the gloss so I've started this:

Come on over!

• Like 18

She's looking gorgeous in her camo, Ced :clap:

Glad to hear you're definitely feeling better (and what better clue of that than starting another build? 😜 :D )

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

glad to see you back on your feet Ced (which is something that can never be said about your pilots). 

Did I hear you mention gloss coat?  Before transfers? Aaand building a helicopter now I see?

Any other side effects from that jag we should be aware of?

• Haha 5

Thanks Mark, Adrian, Craig, Giorgio, Ali, John, hendie and Lewis :) 

I've sprayed some thinned Klear this morning. Bit messy: 

50968915211_6a1f9508d7_z.jpg

What do you guys use?

• Like 9