Swift FR.5 - Airfix 1/72

CedB

2 hours ago, Brandy said:

I got my first dose on Tuesday. (I never thought I'd say that in public!)

Just felt a little off next morning but nothing serious.

Swift coming on, er, swiftly!

Ian

Good news Ian and thanks :) 

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

LI like the blue. I must get some of this new fangled ready mixed paint someday, I’m still diluting my own!

Hope you had no ill effects from your jabs, I had mine last week and apart from a very small slightly sore lump at the injection site had no side effects at all. Next one due 03 Mars and a couple of weeks after that I’ll be FREE! Not planning on going anywhere apart from the shooting club, suitably distanced and masked. Funny thought, wearing a mask while holding a gun will be quite acceptable.

John

Thanks John :)

Looks like the vaccines are making their way around, so good news.

46 minutes ago, Big Dave S said:

Transparency was launched across the room after realising it fouled the canopy front.

No harm done. ☺

More good news! :) 

44 minutes ago, Big Dave S said:

A lovely spray job. 

And if you wanna make a plane look nice, paint it blue!

Thanks Dave - it is very rice isn't it? Azure Blue still gets my vote :) 

Yesterday's Science Group Zoom was enlightening as ever. This week about the Antikythera Mechanism, a 2000 year old 'computer' that reconciles lunar and solar calendars and predicts eclipses with hourly accuracy; it shows the movement of the moon and planets. Amazing. While I was watching the video I thought I might as well mask up the Swift and, once it was masked, get some DSG on:

50936025102_f9a055935b_z.jpg

• Like 17

Sorry Sir,

I've been unconscionably rude by not saying anything here.

You seem to be able to take all these issues in your stride and come out the other end with a build that anyone would be justifiably proud of and this one seems to be going the same way.

Nice to see the Colourcoats going down. Looking good.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Thanks 1

What a lovely Swift Ced she is looking very nice in grey and blue, somebody should have painted their aeroplanes like that huh?

My jab has been in my arm for a fortnight today so the immunity should be building in now, yippee!

No aftereffects either except the lovely lady jabbing away forgot to dab the red stuff away so I got a spotty sleeve.

Ho hum...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 2/11/2021 at 12:27 PM, keefr22 said:

Freightdog? I had one of their tanks as the xtrakit doesn't come with one. Sold it with the kit - sounds like that was two mistakes!

Keith

I think this might have been before Freightdog existed.  It was many Moons ago. 

• Like 1

On 12/02/2021 at 16:30, keefr22 said:

Nice!

Thanks Keith :) 

On 12/02/2021 at 16:35, AliGauld said:

Sorry Sir,

I've been unconscionably rude by not saying anything here.

You seem to be able to take all these issues in your stride and come out the other end with a build that anyone would be justifiably proud of and this one seems to be going the same way.

Nice to see the Colourcoats going down. Looking good.

Cheers,

Alistair

Thanks Ali - no worries, sometimes I struggle for things to say in other people's posts so 'Like' is enough :) 

On 12/02/2021 at 17:51, Beard said:

The Swift is looking good. Mine arrived today and will be making a start on it as soon as I've finished the two Spitfires, Beaufighter, Hunter, and Harrier that are on the dinning table.

Thanks Simon :) 

Busy is good!

On 12/02/2021 at 18:33, perdu said:

What a lovely Swift Ced she is looking very nice in grey and blue, somebody should have painted their aeroplanes like that huh?

My jab has been in my arm for a fortnight today so the immunity should be building in now, yippee!

No aftereffects either except the lovely lady jabbing away forgot to dab the red stuff away so I got a spotty sleeve.

Ho hum...

Thanks Bill - pleased to hear you had no side-effects, unlike me - more below :) 

On 12/02/2021 at 19:36, Cookenbacher said:

I don't know how you do it Ced, I admired your completed silver Skua, blinked, and now the Swift is in the paint Shop!

Lovely work as always Ced.

Thanks Cookie, very kind and good to see you back more often :) 

On 12/02/2021 at 20:46, Meatbox8 said:

I think this might have been before Freightdog existed.  It was many Moons ago. 

Thanks MB :) 

On 13/02/2021 at 08:02, The Spadgent said:

Stellar progress Mr B. She’s looking resplendent in her colours. All that hard work is really paying off now. 😇😀

Jont

Thanks Jont :) 

Well, excitement on Friday afternoon, well organised venue and painless jab.

Yesterday though I woke up, er, out of sorts.

Under the weather.

Green around the gills.

Not sick as a dog, just mild flu-like symptoms, presumably due to my Numskulls making all their new T-cells.

Better this morning, although still a bit under par.

The masks I cut on Friday night will have to wait a bit:

50941226218_402c61a0a4_z.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 8

Sorry to hear you're a bit under the weather following your Covid vaccination (my Mother had a similar reaction after hers, but, as you say, it's your immune system reacting and that's a good thing), hopefully you'll be back to making swift progress pretty soon.

Edited by Beard
to correct grammar & spelling.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry to hear that, Ced :( hope you're back up to par asap (Swiftly!).

The Swift is certainly looking really rather splendid, and I'm sure it'll be fine if it sits a bit longer before the next stage!

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

You know what Ced, although it must be hard to do it is best you get in some recuperating after that.

It seems to be a random event, getting an adverse, but far better than getting the bug.

I have no intention of getting into velocity based humour.

Honest 

None at all.

No don't wait, it isn't going to happen.

Really.

🤔

No

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, CedB said:

Thanks Keith :) 

Thanks Ali - no worries, sometimes I struggle for things to say in other people's posts so 'Like' is enough :) 

Thanks Simon :) 

Busy is good!

Thanks Bill - pleased to hear you had no side-effects, unlike me - more below :) 

Thanks Cookie, very kind and good to see you back more often :) 

Thanks MB :) 

Thanks Jont :) 

Well, excitement on Friday afternoon, well organised venue and painless jab.

Yesterday though I woke up, er, out of sorts.

Under the weather.

Green around the gills.

Not sick as a dog, just mild flu-like symptoms, presumably due to my Numskulls making all their new T-cells.

Better this morning, although still a bit under par.

The masks I cut on Friday night will have to wait a bit:

50941226218_402c61a0a4_z.jpg

I used to love the Numbskulls.  The Beezer wasn't it?  There is a nurse who lives in our village who caught the dreaded lurgy.  I bumped in to her after she had been released back in to the wild and she looked dreadful but, happily, she looks fine now and has completely recovered.  Anyway we discussed the vaccine (which she was due to have been given the day after she was struck down!) and she confirmed that having a bad reaction to it is actually a good thing as it means you have a healthy and active immune system.  Anyway, hope you feel better soon.  The Swift is looking great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh dear, it sounds like my ‘ no reaction ‘ wasn’t that good after all, I put it down to my being of tough peasant stock. Hope you’re feeling better soon. SWMBO hasn’t had her jab yet,  ( too young ) but I expect she will react, she usually does to the Flu jab, I put that down to her being of slightly bluer blood than me.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hope you’re feeling a bit more chipper today dear boy. On the positive side you have the vaccine. 👍 We’re not even on the list to have it yet. Here’s to a speedy recovery. (No swift pun intended) The swift does look splendid waiting for her masks however.

Johnny

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Simon, Mark, Bill, Chris and Johnny :) 

Feeling a bit less fluey this morning but still a bit achy. Poor old bu**er…

22 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I used to love the Numbskulls.  The Beezer wasn't it?  There is a nurse who lives in our village who caught the dreaded lurgy.  I bumped in to her after she had been released back in to the wild and she looked dreadful but, happily, she looks fine now and has completely recovered.  Anyway we discussed the vaccine (which she was due to have been given the day after she was struck down!) and she confirmed that having a bad reaction to it is actually a good thing as it means you have a healthy and active immune system.  Anyway, hope you feel better soon.  The Swift is looking great.

Beano? May have been in the Beezer too, later, although I was off comics by then :) 

Good to know my reaction is a good thing, although…

21 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Oh dear, it sounds like my ‘ no reaction ‘ wasn’t that good after all, I put it down to my being of tough peasant stock. Hope you’re feeling better soon. SWMBO hasn’t had her jab yet,  ( too young ) but I expect she will react, she usually does to the Flu jab, I put that down to her being of slightly bluer blood than me.

John

Don't worry John, Dr Bharat Pankhania is on the radio phone-in at the moment and he's confirmed that 'people are different' and the vaccine will be working, whatever your reaction :) 

Mrs B is fine but still not falling for the "Poor little bunny' training!

Hopefully later, or tomorrow, I'll make a Swift recovery :rolleyes:

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

Take a break Ced. Get well, listen to more of that strange music you subjected your American cousins to on our road trip, and peruse the tool catalogues. No wait, maybe you shouldn't do that last one. Mrs. Ced may be alarmed at the number of boxes mysteriously showing up on the front step.  :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 4