Anigrand 1/144 HP Victor K2

As the V Bombers GB did not get enough votes and the fact that both the Nimrod and Victor sport the same camo scheme (a flimsy reason I know!), I am going to build this old girl in this GB as she gave great service throughout the conflict. The decals provided cover both "Lusty Lindy" and Teasin Tina" so I will need to decide which one to go for. I will not be starting until I have completed my SU15 in the Interceptor GB which should be done in the next few days. I will now fully inspect the contents of the box with a lovely birthday beer! 😊

IMG_20210204_191921

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 8:54 PM, Adam Poultney said:

looking forward to seeing this, I'll follow the build

I figured that this would have been up your street Adam 😜 (incidentally, this is the one I would have built if the V Bomber GB had been successful).

On 2/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, desert falcon said:

:cheers: and Happy Birthday !! 

Thank you, 2 years to the half century 😔....

Anyway, I have been getting on with this and the Nimrod slowly whilst finishing the Flagon in the Interceptor GB. The fuselage has been assembled, but I hadn't noticed the halves had slipped slightly when the epoxy was curing so everything is (and will be) slightly misaligned 🤦🏼‍♂️. Such is life!

IMG_20210223_142312

The wings have been assembled too; being resin they are mostly complete, but the intakes, engine undersides, wing tanks and Küchemann carrots are all separate.

IMG_20210220_180400

Everything has gone together reasonably well so far so here is hoping that will continue!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

The beer is my favourite! Can't have too many though as it is 11%🥴

After a bit of fettling I am now in a position to prime her and see which areas I have missed. I am leaving off the refuelling probe until after priming as it will be easier to address the cockpit area should it need attention. I am also leaving off the wing refuelling pods as it will be easier to paint them unattached. In my opinion the nose seems to be too pointed, definitely giving it the impression of coming straight out of Buster Crabbe's Flash Gordon (they used to be shown during school holidays in my youth, I am not old enough to see the originals!) but she still looks like a Victor.

IMG_20210318_113942

• Like 5

can you post a side on view of the nose? I think you're absolutely right about it being too pointed. The nose of the Victor is quite a complex shape, the only kit that has it spot on is Airfix's modern 1/72 kit. Oh well, like you say, still looks like a Victor.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:09 PM, Adam Poultney said:

can you post a side on view of the nose? I think you're absolutely right about it being too pointed. The nose of the Victor is quite a complex shape, the only kit that has it spot on is Airfix's modern 1/72 kit. Oh well, like you say, still looks like a Victor.

Just for you Adam (ignore the fact that I still need to clean it up)

IMG_20210319_154757

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

A bit of a jump as I hadn't realised that I haven't been uploading pictures 😳. Most of the model has now been assembled and the Hemp and LAG have now been applied (same LAG issues as the Nimrod). Just the decals to apply, matt varnish, paint the metallic areas and undercarriage and she will be done.

IMG_20210426_165349

IMG_20210426_165420

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

No, the gear will be down and hopefully will all be completed tomorrow. There are various issues with accuracy throughout but it will look like a Victor on my shelf.

....and we're done. There are many issues with this kit to say the least, including:

- no antenna

- ridiculously thick undercarriage doors

- limited decals with incorrect refuelling pod markings

- odd shaped refuelling pods

- odd shaped nose

- overly simplified undercarriage (plus Anigrand gave me 3 nosewheels and 7 sets of mainwheels 🤦🏼‍♂️)

There will be far more than this list, and following Stefan Buysse's build the GWH kit is the way to go for accuracy and buildability in this scale. Having said all that I really enjoyed making the kit. It had to be "Lusty Lindy" as a late friend of mine used to work at the YAM and I saw the old girl quite a lot in the 90's, and she will cetainly look like a Victor on my shelf.

IMG_20210507_144019 IMG_20210507_144001

IMG_20210507_144047 IMG_20210507_143950 IMG_20210507_144156

• Like 4