A Shiny Spitfire,Revell 1/32 Mkll BBMF.

stevej60

14 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's,I've painted the black stripe on the lower fuselage and fitted the u/c leg's.

20210216_180135

And after a day for the dark gray to dry brush painted two coat's of the lighter slate gray all went well and now time to mask and paint

the fuselage sky stripe.

20210216_180228

Steve looks like your making this one using the Tempest V instruction sheet! Will this turn out to be a Temp-Fire? LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col Walter E Kurtz said:

Steve looks like your making this one using the Tempest V instruction sheet! Will this turn out to be a Temp-Fire? LOL

Wish the Tempest would go together as well as the Spitfire Andy:wall:

• Haha 1

Hi folk's,fitted the Mastercasters wheel's taking no chances so used superglue,left a full two days to set to be safe.

20210220_132000

another future project arrived,I saw Revell's MklX on ebay from a non model retailer at a reasonable £19.99 posted using an e-code,it

arrived today and I was a little surprised to say the least.

20210220_134629

I've messaged them to say thanks and did they realise this kit is a little more expensive (like £100) on the website and now await a response!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Wow!  That's coming together quickly.  And beautifully too...

Many thank's John,trouble is I thought a move into 1/32 scale might slow thing's down a bit but I seem to be throwing the damn things

together as quick as ever!

If you ask me (which you didn't!) it's all psychological! You think "this is a bigger scale so it'll take longer" and plug away at your normal pace.....and then you go to build it and you're done. That's what happens to me, anyway. Excellent job on the underside stripe, and what a great surprise with your Mk IX!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Crikey that Technic MkIX is a bit of a bonus crikey, be nice if they say to keep it fella.

Chris

They sent me a nice message Chris but have offered to swap it but I have to get a bloody label printed which means getting my eldest to

print it who of course I can't visit and I've told them I want to know the procedure for getting the kit ordered to me I'm doing nothing till

I have a delivery date.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

They sent me a nice message Chris but have offered to swap it but I have to get a bloody label printed which means getting my eldest to

print it who of course I can't visit and I've told them I want to know the procedure for getting the kit ordered to me I'm doing nothing till

I have a delivery date.

Steve

Ask them to send the label in with the other kit as son can't visit, they made the mistake so should be a reasonable request, after all you have raised it with them in the first place. So have proved you are a very honest person.

Shame they didn't say to keep it!!!

Chris

Hi folk's the quickboost exhaust arrive now painted and fitted,I noticed looking at photo's of this aircraft that at different periods it has the 

standard three port exhaust and sometimes including while wearing this scheme the six port fitted I wondered if this is an engine rotation

thing?

20210223_182647

• Like 6

Just now, bigbadbadge said:

Looking very nice Steve, loving this scheme,  although you are teasing us with photo of only half of it !!!

Chris

Thank's Chris,hopefully the decal's will be here by the weekend my eldest got them for my birthday along with a set for the Mk IX

lf I ever get it sorted I think it's going to be another very different looking machine too!

https://www.modelhobbies.co.uk/aml-decals-132-hawker-hurricane--supermarine-spitfire-lend-lease-part-vi-with-paint-mask--c2028-238194-p.asp

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's Chris,hopefully the decal's will be here by the weekend my eldest got them for my birthday along with a set for the Mk IX

lf I ever get it sorted I think it's going to be another very different looking machine too!

https://www.modelhobbies.co.uk/aml-decals-132-hawker-hurricane--supermarine-spitfire-lend-lease-part-vi-with-paint-mask--c2028-238194-p.asp

Oooooo Very nice indeed. That will be unusual.   I have a couple of the Mk IXs in the stash,  one for a Mk.XIV conversion and the other out of the box and thought I might do the silver option in the kit with the top cowling still in camouflage although not sure yet.

Chris

• Like 1

Nice job so far Steve , a couple of pointers if i may . Judging by the photo of the real aircraft the spinner looks like one seen on a MKVB not the shorter one provided in the kit , also the Blue in the roundels look to be almost Black and dose not look right at all . If you swap these for ones from the Extra decal range i am sure it would improve the look no end. :hmmm:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Judging by the photo of the real aircraft the spinner looks like one seen on a MKVB

I'd fully agree Kieth,I invested in replacement wheel's and exhaust which is something I never really do as I'm a bit of a tight wad,couldn't

seem to find a spinner/prop set so It'll have to do,the decal's seem to have come out much darker in the photo than they are but I did

notice they the blue was a shade or two darker than Revell's kit.

11 hours ago, TonyOD said:

Those yellow codes make it for me. Beautiful looking Spit.

11 hours ago, Alan P said:

Beautifully done, Steve, What a great scheme and lovely paintwork. Great job!

11 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

Agreed.

11 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oh yeah, looks absolutely stunning Steve in that scheme. 

11 hours ago, John Masters said:

Looks really sleek and fresh Steve--ready for some airborne fist-a-cuffs!

Many thank's Folk's for the support and encouragement,on the last lap now!

• Like 2