A Shiny Spitfire,Revell 1/32 Mkll BBMF.

stevej60

Hi Folk's with my 1/32 year kicked of with Trumpeter's Spitfire Vb and Me 109 (both nearing completion) next

is another Spitfire in the form of Revell's Mkll.This is my third crack at this nice but not without faults kit.I wanted

to steer clear of the traditional BoB schemes but  the later day fighter scheme's require a lot of correction's in the 

form of wheels prop's etc as a non rivet counter I'm not really bothered but for this build I am replacing the wheels 

with a set matching those of the flight's Mkll  and finishing her in the 1997-99 277 air sea rescue squadron scheme

which I believe was the first time the aircraft was not painted in a front line squadron scheme and no weathering

needed! Here's the box I'll make a start next week.

20210204_190552

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Me too, except I don’t have any Revell Spits in the stash, but I’ll watch anyway.

Get on with it then!  😜

John

Won't be long John!

• Like 2

Hi folk's been tinkering with this one today doing a few sub-assemblies etx main cockpit part's done.

20210206_163703

All the areas needing interior green done,mixed a very bright shade to match the colour of the real aircraft's immaculate cockpit.

20210206_175504

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Nice start  the cockpit structure and details are good.  Did you compare the cockpit details to the Hobbyboss kit at all?

Chris

Very similar Chris but the Revell kit "feel's" right,much finer detailing.

• Like 2

Afternoon folk's,cockpit about done,no weathering just a dry brush next then paint the IP dials etc then the sub assembly can be fitted 

into the fuselage side. I noticed the flight's aircraft has a seat base cushion of some sort so I shaped some blue tack and painted it.

20210207_142550

• Like 10

Hi folk's  got a fair bit done over the last few day's,this is the third time building this kit and surprisingly found it a struggle unlike the

other two there seemed to be a bit of warping of one of the fuselage sides and the molds seem to be showing signs of wear in other

area's on the upper edge of one fuselage half but easily remedied and tonight she's drying nicely.

20210210_190835

• Like 13

This looks great, this exact kit is next up in my stash so I'm glad to see you tackle it first. The cockpit looks really good, in my opinion. Not over engineered or anything.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeff G said:

This looks great, this exact kit is next up in my stash so I'm glad to see you tackle it first. The cockpit looks really good, in my opinion. Not over engineered or anything.

It is a nice kit Jeff I'm surprised at the fit issue with this one the other's have been fine.

Not hanging about with this one, it's looking grand though.

Your comments about this being different to the others that you have built struck a chord with me as when I built two 1/32 Hobbyboss Spitfires, one was a great build but the other got awkward, must have been a Friday afternoon kit.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Evening folk's,Spitfire painting begun with the underside first coat applied.The Mastercasters wheels are superb and minimal clean up

required,I noticed to my horror while scouring photo's of the flights spitfire it has a six stack exhaust fitted so I ordered the Quickboost

set for this kit.

20210214_195544

• Like 6

Evening folk's,after a couple of more coat's of sky out came the masking tape and on with the dark gray but not before more work

involving the wing braces which I notice the flight's Mkll has (I believe were applied during production from the Mk V onward).

20210215_201212

20210215_203412

• Like 6

I had a moment of horror when I picked up a thread here claiming this aircraft was in a standard day fighter scheme thankfully I found a great

photo taken at an airshow showing the dark sea gray scheme I've asked the author for permission to use it and Richard

has allowed me use of his photo.

27593960396_1ecf928722_c

• Like 7

12 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Evening folk's,after a couple of more coat's of sky out came the masking tape and on with the dark gray but not before more work

involving the wing braces I noticed the flight's Mkll has which I believe were applied during production from the Mk V onward.

20210215_201212

20210215_203412

Coming along nicely Steve - look forward to seeing this unusual scheme! 

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dunny said:

Coming along nicely Steve - look forward to seeing this unusual scheme! 

Many thank's Roger,I don't usually get involved with researching a subject so it's been a bit different with this one there's not a lot out there

regarding the short time it was painted in the scheme being done I noticed on another photo Richard took of her in flight there's a black

stripe running along the underside from prop to tail,the decal company fail to mention it at all and call for the wrong colour's for the upper

camoflage,nightmare!

Hi folk's,I've painted the black stripe on the lower fuselage and fitted the u/c leg's.

20210216_180135

And after a day for the dark gray to dry brush painted two coat's of the lighter slate gray all went well and now time to mask and paint

the fuselage sky stripe.

20210216_180228

• Like 9