1/72 Revell F.3 Tornado RAF

Wow, that superb! You've done a cracking job of that F.3. The hangar backdrop is very effective and certainly in the pics has a 3D look to it.

Eng

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, eng said:

Wow, that superb! You've done a cracking job of that F.3. The hangar backdrop is very effective and certainly in the pics has a 3D look to it.

Eng

Thank you, very kind

3 minutes ago, Alan P said:

Ditto to what @eng said, so much depth and detail. Great job 👍

Thanks, appreciate the comment!

1 hour ago, Battle said:

Pardon the cliche, but I genuinely believed that these were pictures of the real thing! Incredible modelling!

Thank you - I think it was @AndrewCJ50 and his hangared Lightning which appeared in my google search and caused my jaw to drop! It’s a fab backdrop 

2 minutes ago, dashellis said:

Great modelling and photography hats off to you!

Darren

Thank you very much! 

6 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Great looking F.3. The background sets off beautifully what is an excellent model.

Pete.

It’s a super background, thank you for the kind feedback 👍

Edited by The Shearwater

Great looking F.3. The background sets off beautifully what is an excellent model.

Pete.

13 hours ago, gazza l said:

Wow! The hanger is equally as impressive as the Tornado... very realistic.

gazzal

Thanks!

What a great job, both on the Tornado and the photography with the hangar. The Tornado is the Italeri kit in a Revell box? Is the hangar a printed backdrop, or an actual model of the walls of the building? I'm not familiar with it.

Cheers,

Bill

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

What a great job, both on the Tornado and the photography with the hangar. The Tornado is the Italeri kit in a Revell box? Is the hangar a printed backdrop, or an actual model of the walls of the building? I'm not familiar with it.

Cheers,

Bill

Thank you! I’ve just had to google it and it seems it was indeed the Italeri mould used for the Revell kits. Apparently the quality/accuracy isn’t as good as the Revell GR.1 although to my untrained eye it seemed fine (apart from a poorly finished nose cone requiring a lot of filler!).

The backdrop is printed on three sheets of thin card - two A4 (base and side) and one smaller square (end). I glued them onto foam board to make a storage / display unit.

9 hours ago, DougC said:

Ah, that's a lovely F3 & a great hangar diorama.

I can even smell the hydraulic fluid....

😁 thank you!

1 hour ago, Sky Keg said:

It is postings like this that make me enjoy visiting this website so much.  Just an exceptional presentation!!!!! :like:

Mike

Thank you so much Mike - as my first offering here, you can’t know how reassuring such kind feedback is!

• Like 1