FM-2 Wilder Wildcat Arma Hobby 1/72 (50 shades of Grey - Atlantic camo scheme)

Dear Fellows,

Let me show you my last model. Call it air component of my personal Battle of Atlantic project.

It is very nice model, well detailed and designed.

One difficult point is undercarriage, carefully fixing is must. Be carefull with PE engine ignition wires too. I'm not sure but I think they are changed right and left in instruction.

I used alternative markings from Techmod set - VC-13, USS Tripoli.

jun9xvM.jpg

JoQDELn.jpg

v7RQMA9.jpg

RX4lwVT.jpg

lgBZ0xP.jpg

6gm3ffm.jpg

CmOb8UL.jpg

And finally...  is grey camouflage boring?

Best regards,

Michał.

PS. Some close-up shots soon...

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 51

Very nice, and just in time for me.  I've been working on one of these beauties, got the airframe together last night and decided on... The Atlantic ASW scheme!

I don't think a 2-colour scheme is necessarily boring.  The asymmetrical tank fitting adds interest as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's time for a dozen of close-up shots.

tau8ZBf.jpg

1NW73Ta.jpg

aK4y2kX.jpg

kyuAWJe.jpg

FIEr1wq.jpg

JO5gGaL.jpg

lckWXHQ.jpg

E4YWswR.jpg

UQ91dmD.jpg

I decided to use decals from Techmod set. My choice was USS Tripoli. This carrier wasn't as succesfull as USS Core nor as famous as Gualdalcanal, but I liked very characteristic squadron's emblem. I don't know what exactly the cat is doing, probably he has broken and swallen fingers or has rheumatism (sea climat favors it!)? Who knows, have we a vet on board?

Anyway, I had to paint blue circlec under the cat - decals are transparent.

kMh6Rr3.jpg

xGgxzuo.jpg

And next little birdie from Atlantic waves waits for adding few details and photo-session for you!

sjSHwjm.jpg

Best regards,

Michał.

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 5

I really like the Atlantic paint scheme.  I don't see it too often.  This is a terrific build! The paint is suitably worn-looking and the weathering and wear are very believable. You did some terrific detail work too.  Nice job!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Very tastefully done paint job on this Wildcat.  This grey scheme is not boring at all, but is highly interesting and tells its own story.  Thanks for sharing.  I think the finger I will be giving you is a thumb's up rather than the cat's salute.

• Thanks 1