Dragon 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV A-O

Andy J

5 hours ago, Andy J said:

So I haven't managed any further work on this yet due to work commitments and extremely cold weather...however I have managed a little shopping 😉. Couldn't decide which one to buy so I had to have both 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good choices Andy.

I have the RFM one and having had a peek in the box I think that one might slow you down a bit.

Wayne.

• Like 1

So at last a build update 🙂. I've completed my first set of individual link tracks and I'm quite happy with the results. Not 100% perfect i suppose but I've learnt a lot to carry forward into future builds. I've weathered them slightly with a view to maybe adding more at a later date but for now I'm happy with the way they look. 

spacer.png

Painted and in position 

spacer.png

spacer.png

And a few pic's with the main hull loosely fitted in place 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So camo scheme on the main hull tomorrow I'm happy with progress so far i think this build is starting to take shape. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

Good choices Andy.

I have the RFM one and having had a peek in the box I think that one might slow you down a bit.

Wayne.

Thanks Wayne but slow me down......meh never.....bring it on 🙂👍

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Looking smart Andy. Look forward to the camo.👍

Thanks Stef I'm going to try and create "faded" camo on this one not sure how yet but that's part of the fun 🙂. I'll let you into a little secret of mine Stef.....it will be wet tomorrow if it rains 🙂👍

• Haha 2

Looks really good 👍 You’re almost done making another tank!

When I shape tracks, I imagine they are very heavy, and I try to portray that weight. Because real tracks are flexible, they don’t lie like a wave on the supporting wheels. Where they rest on the support wheels, a sufficiently sharp apex is formed and the tracks bend evenly between the support wheels due to their weight.
I try to make the top of the tracks entire, and I usually do the connection on the sprocket, so much more comfortable for me.

Vytautas

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Looks really good 👍 You’re almost done making another tank!

When I shape tracks, I imagine they are very heavy, and I try to portray that weight. Because real tracks are flexible, they don’t lie like a wave on the supporting wheels. Where they rest on the support wheels, a sufficiently sharp apex is formed and the tracks bend evenly between the support wheels due to their weight.
I try to make the top of the tracks entire, and I usually do the connection on the sprocket, so much more comfortable for me.

Vytautas

I get what you're saying Vytautas but for a first attempt im happy with the results. Also when the schurzen plates are added most of the tracks will be hidden so i didn't worry too much about the tracks sagging. I like the idea of joining the tracks at the sprocket that makes sense to hide the joint. Thanks for the tips mate much appreciated i shall follow your advice with the next set i build 🙂👍

• Like 2

Well I've just realised something 🤔. I seem to be short of a Panther tank or two.....this is unacceptable and affects my stash karma 😤...Therefore I shall endeavour to fix this problem ASAP starting with the one below just purchased from eBay 

spacer.png

Any recommendations for good quality Panther kits would be greatly appreciated 👍 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Well I've just realised something 🤔. I seem to be short of a Panther tank or two.....this is unacceptable and affects my stash karma 😤...Therefore I shall endeavour to fix this problem ASAP starting with the one below just purchased from eBay 

spacer.png

Any recommendations for good quality Panther kits would be greatly appreciated 👍 

The Meng D was a fantastic kit with the Das Werk coming in a close second. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keefr22 said:

I got the Asuka one when it was first released by Tasca in 2006. Started it more or less straight away and it's still in progress - I've got the suspension bogie bits stuck together!

This one that I've built, top tip, do not assemble the suspension units like they show in the plans, with the suspension units using rubber pads, when you fit the tracks the wheels are pushed up at each end and your Firefly resembles a rocking chair. :doh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

This one that I've built, top tip, do not assemble the suspension units like they show in the plans, with the suspension units using rubber pads, when you fit the tracks the wheels are pushed up at each end and your Firefly resembles a rocking chair. :doh:

The new Asuka kits should give you some hard plastic pads to lock the suspension as well as the rubber sheet to articulate the suspension chaps. :frantic:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

I seem to be short of a Panther tank or two.....this is unacceptable and affects my stash karma 😤...Therefore I shall endeavour to fix this problem ASAP starting with the one below just purchased from eBay 

Hi Andy, the box art looks good, I cannot see a mention on the box of zimmerit, is it included?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dads203 said:

The new Asuka kits should give you some hard plastic pads to lock the suspension as well as the rubber sheet to articulate the suspension chaps. :frantic:

I think that was because of all the Taska Shermans  rocking back and forwards on modelling tables. 🤣 🤣

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

The Meng D was a fantastic kit with the Das Werk coming in a close second. 

Thanks Stef I shall look out for the Das Werk kit 🙂👍

22 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Hi Andy, the box art looks good, I cannot see a mention on the box of zimmerit, is it included?

The zimmerit is sold by meng as a separate product which is available for around £10 for the full set 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Andy J said:

The zimmerit is sold by meng as a separate product which is available for around £10 for the full set 🙂👍

Would that be a stick on decal then? probably will not look as good as the box art when applied. :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Retired Bob said:

Would that be a stick on decal then? probably will not look as good as the box art when applied. :facepalm:

Then I shall create my own Bob and do a jolly spiffing job 🙂👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Yep, maybe. For a short time. Andy, you have to understand that this is just one tank. ONE!  :rofl:

Vytautas

Yes you're right however I love my hobby and if I have to buy another 100 kits in the future to keep me building then so be it 🙂👍

• Like 1