Dragon 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV A-O

Andy J

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Dab hand with this airbrush lark mate, looks good!

Nice patina on the exhaust too.

Thanks Darryl I just used pigments for the exhaust and I'm happy with the way it turned out. I also tried to replicate rust bubbles around the bolts on the side armour and maybe when weathered the effect will look ok 🙂👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Very nice work Andy, are you popping a figure on board mate ?

Thanks Dan and yes a figure will be fitted but not straight away as I need to make a start on the Pzr III GB soon 🙂👍

• Like 1

So another update on the Jagdpanzer and I've added some weathering to the tank to try and give it a more realistic appearance. Slow progress this week due mainly to some idiot smashing into my car and leaving me with a write off 🙄. However life goes on and now that the situation is pretty much under control I can hopefully concentrate on what I enjoy doing....building some armour 🙂👍. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So still a bit to do but I'm getting there. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 10

Sorry to hear about the car.

The Jagdpanzer is looking great!

I decided years ago that if ever I came into a fortune I'd sell my car and drive a great big tank from there on.

It might guzzle fuel but it'd certainly ward off anything less than an artic..................

• Like 2

Another great result Andy. Hope the car situation is sorted quickly. 

I keep looking, there's... something about the Jagdpanzer that made my brain itch and I've just worked it out. With two hull machine gunners and a great big cannon, where on earth did the driver sit and how did he see to steer?

T'other Andy

Itchy on the inside.

• Like 2

Looking good Andy, getting a bit of weathering going always helps to breath life into a subject!

Hope you're non the worse for the RTA, at the end of the day mate, cars can be replaced the soft fleshy thing in the seat is a bit more unique!

1 hour ago, Foxbat said:

I keep looking, there's... something about the Jagdpanzer that made my brain itch and I've just worked it out. With two hull machine gunners and a great big cannon, where on earth did the driver sit and how did he see

As far as I know it was only the A-0 that had the twin MGs, this being a pre-production version and its unknown if it saw combat.

The driver sat on the left like usual and should have a visor between the MG and the 75mm.

Atb

• Like 3

Sorry to hear of your transport woes , hope there's no lasting effects.

Jagd looks superb you've raised the bar with this one!

Stay safe          Roger

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the car Andy, but silver lining - you can get that shiny black 350Z you were after a while ago! :)  Same thing happened to my son last October - next thing was 'Dad, can I borrow your car for a few days when I sort out a replacement?' Guess who hasn't seen his car since....??!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, tank (SPG?) is looking grand, weathering is coming on really nicely!

Keith

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Sorry to hear about the car Andy, but silver lining - you can get that shiny black 350Z you were after a while ago! :)  Same thing happened to my son last October - next thing was 'Dad, can I borrow your car for a few days when I sort out a replacement?' Guess who hasn't seen his car since....??!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, tank (SPG?) is looking grand, weathering is coming on really nicely!

Keith

Thanks Keith, it's not so much the car that's the problem it's all the hassle dealing with the insurance company although tbf they've been very good and I have a nice shiny hire car for as long as required 🙂. As for the Jagdpanzer well I need to crack on and get it finished now I've spent more than enough time working on it now 🙂👍

• Like 3

So the final update and the Jagdpanzer is finished. Here's a pic of the completed build i will post more in the rfi section shortly 

spacer.png

Thanks to everyone who followed along i appreciate your help and comments 🙂👍

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

Stunning Andy you have really raised the bar with this one!

Stay safe             Roger

Thanks Roger I appreciate your comment mate 👍 

1 hour ago, echen said:

Spectacular. It's been good to see how you developed the build. Thanks for posting.

Thanks echen I've thoroughly enjoyed the build and I'm looking forward to the next one 🙂👍

14 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Really nice job Andy, looks great. The painting and weathering is spot on mate, well done :like:

onto the next one now...

Ed

Thanks Ed Pzr III GB next once I decide which kit to build 🤔 👍

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Pulled it together nicely mate, getting better with every build!

Great work.

Now no excuses,  get that panzer III out and crack on!👍

Thanks Darryl I'm happy with the way it turned out 🙂. As for the Pzr III GB well.....err.....I'm going to build the kit below first and then the Pzr III 

spacer.png

It keeps whispering to me "Build Me" so I'm afraid it's the M3 next 😉👍

26 minutes ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Great job Andy, I really like the painting and the dusty look.

Cheers,

Nenad

Thanks Nenad I appreciate your comment 👍 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Nice one Andy, really good looking model again my friend - looking forward to the M3 build!

Keith

Thanks Keith and yep I'm also looking forward to building the M3 🙂👍