Dragon 1/35 Jagdpanzer IV A-O

Andy J

So my latest armour build is under way and so far everything seems to be coming together nicely. I have the lower hull completed and the upper hull is 90% finished with just the barrel assembly and side decks to be fitted. I've decided to concentrate on the lower hull now and get some painting done so I can add the wheels and tracks before fitting the main hull in place. I think this will be the easiest method of making sure that the two main parts fit together nicely. Here's a few pic's of progress so far but obviously for the time being the main hull is only placed in position 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

So that's where I'm upto atm more progress soon 🙂👍

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Nice start, I like the German tanks family, so I'll follow you with great interest, as usual👍

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas wouldn't be the same without you mate 👍 

22 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Looking great mate, nice work and great progress!

Look forward to this one!

:like:

Guess whats arrived today...:whistle:

Thanks Darryl so far so good 👍. A few glue marks to sand off and a broken spare wheel bracket to deal with but all easily fixed. So go on then spill the beans what are they like 🤔👍

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Very nice start Andy looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!

Stay safe                   Roger

Thanks Roger I'm going to try and paint a faded camo scheme on this one rather than the usual solid scheme's that you normally see 🙂👍

Edited by Andy J
spelling
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

:poop:the Bed Andy, you are a machine man !  5 minutes and you are half way through a build, leave you for 5 bloody minutes :frantic:

I think i might be addicted to armour builds mate 🤔....and I don't mind one bit 😉👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Whoa Andy, never seen one of these with the rounded front corners before, it looks so different from your standard JagdPanzer Lang.

According to my infamous Tiger book, which has nothing to do with this tank, this would have been a very early version i think 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Bloomin heck Andy, another one, you are starting to knock these out mate.... Great start, this one's looking interesting, it will interesting seeing this one develop.

Ed

Thanks Ed I'm simply enjoying myself so much atm with the armour builds that I don't want to stop 🙂

• Like 1

Isn't there some kind of international treaty which restricts the number of tanks any one army person is allowed to have? Nice start on something that I haven't seen before. I'll catch up with you again tomorrow, once it's painted and weathered.

John.

• Haha 8

Good start on your jagdpanzer. I've only seen "sharp edged" versions before so this is a new type to me. They must have carried shed-loads of 7.92mm ammo with two MG42s to feed at 1200 rpm!

Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, echen said:

Good start on your jagdpanzer. I've only seen "sharp edged" versions before so this is a new type to me. They must have carried shed-loads of 7.92mm ammo with two MG42s to feed at 1200 rpm!

Looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Thanks echen it seems that I'm the only one who never realised how unusual this version looks but at least it should provide some interest as the build moves forward 🙂👍

• Like 1

So today's update and I've managed to get the lower hull and main hull built, primed and the Dunkengelb basecoat applied 🙂. I've used brown primer to help me try and create some depth and shadows for the Dunkengelb and I think it's worked out ok. I'm trying to avoid solid blocks of colour as I think it looks more realistic if the paint looks worn and faded. Here's a few pic's of today's progress 

spacer.png

spacer.png

And now the brown primer 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And then the Dunkengelb which I hope explains the faded look that I'm trying to achieve 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That's all for today and I'm back at work for a few days now however I will try and get to the bench when possible. Thanks for looking back soon 🙂👍

• Like 16

Of course, looks really good 👍

But in this case, this is not the main thing. Now I’m really convinced - Andy, you are a real champion - incredible modeling speed.
If you ever need to work at a normal speed, you can ask me for help. Since I am also a champion, but in slow modeling, the overall speed will be normal :rofl:

Vytautas

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Of course, looks really good 👍

But in this case, this is not the main thing. Now I’m really convinced - Andy, you are a real champion - incredible modeling speed.
If you ever need to work at a normal speed, you can ask me for help. Since I am also a champion, but in slow modeling, the overall speed will be normal :rofl:

Vytautas

Thanks Vytautas I think the reason it seems my builds are quick is because I tend to build OOB with very little AM parts or PE. I simply open the box and crack on with the build I don't think to deeply about what I'm doing i just concentrate on enjoying myself 🙂👍

• Like 4

You bleedin maniac!

Painted already,  jeez dude it goes against all that's right and holy, savour the moment, luxuriate in the quality of Dragons finest!

I've heard of a chaps car being an extension of his manliness but building at warp factor 9 I'm sure is no indication of virility, honestly,  you can slow down, I'm sure you've now't to prove! 😉

43 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Vytautas I think the reason it seems my builds are quick is because I tend to build OOB with very little AM parts or PE. I simply open the box and crack on with the build I don't think to deeply about what I'm doing i just concentrate on enjoying myself 🙂👍

That btw is an excellent attitude,  love it and the concept....enjoy the build! 🤔

Looks great under paint too btw!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Andy J said:

I tend to build OOB with very little AM parts or PE.

Same as me. And how long have I been building that bleedin' Tamiya Jagdpanther for.... :banghead:

Anyways, as always that's a great start, paint is looking really good already Is the broken grab handle (?) on the rear plate battle damage.... :whistle:  :)

Keith

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

You bleedin maniac!

Painted already,  jeez dude it goes against all that's right and holy, savour the moment, luxuriate in the quality of Dragons finest!

I've heard of a chaps car being an extension of his manliness but building at warp factor 9 I'm sure is no indication of virility, honestly,  you can slow down, I'm sure you've now't to prove! 😉

That btw is an excellent attitude,  love it and the concept....enjoy the build! 🤔

Looks great under paint too btw!

Thanks Darryl it's a simple attitude to the hobby mate, I've been down the road of "serious " modeling and it ain't for me infact that's part of the reason I switched to armour. The day this stops being fun I will take up knitting 🙂👍

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Same as me. And how long have I been building that bleedin' Tamiya Jagdpanther for.... :banghead:

Anyways, as always that's a great start, paint is looking really good already Is the broken grab handle (?) on the rear plate battle damage.... :whistle:  :)

Keith

Right....ok smarty pants.....the grab handle is infact a bracket for a spare wheel and furthermore when said spare wheel is in position the broken piece will not be visible hence why I didn't repair it 😉 👍. All this information is available in my Tiger bible my only source of reference 🙂

• Haha 1