Biplanes 1/72 Malta vs Sicily

rob85

On 5/6/2021 at 12:07 PM, Sandeha Lynch said:

That is a fine looking pair, indeed. I made an Italeri CR42 a couple of months ago. It was my second biplane (I was hooked) and it went together quite easily. However, I'd used a North African paint job and only later discovered that the Regia Aeronautica scheme in Eritrea was a two-colour scheme, not three. Hmm, come to think of it, I probably should have done the struts in dark colours, not light.

The Eritrea ones interest me most as I've been working on the RAF Sudan aircraft of the period. I'd love to find a Caproni 133 in 1/72, but in the meantime I've bought another Falco.

(Oh, I don't do rigging because if I stood back a little without my glasses, I wouldn't see it anyway, so ...)

51094228333_f1b8464b81_o.jpg
IMGP0033a by Sandeha Lynch, on Flickr

That’s a fine model you have there and I like the early African schemes too, and same with the gladiators.

On 5/6/2021 at 5:42 PM, bigbadbadge said:

That Gladiator looks lovely Rob, great work can't wait to see this.  Managed to get a Sword Sea Gladiator last week  so will be doing a couple soon.

Great work

Chris

Cheers Chris, look forward to seeing them!

Unfortunately these are on the back burner for a number of reasons, firstly I have the build for the museum and the Bristol GB to do. Also and unfortunately the gladiator has been badly damaged by stuff falling in the loft , the UC has been totalled and the top wing is only still on due to the rigging! I don’t have the focus to fix it right now.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Sad 3