1/72 Eduard Spitfire Vc as BR114

This is my take on the famous BR114 of 103 MU at Abukir in Egypt. The base kit is a Eduard Spitfire IXc with a homemade Mk V nose and oil cooler. I removed the overwing cannon feed covers and inserted hypodermic needle to represent the .5" machine guns. The cockpit is without armour and as you can see the radio mast is not fitted. The sliding canopy was replaced with a Falcon item that included a knockout panel as the real had. The Abukir filter came from a Tamiya Spitfire Vb.

Paint is Xtracolor and the non-standard camouflage scheme was deduced from the few photos that exist. Some will say that it should have been a B scheme, but I claim that it wasn't.

Weathering was done by adding a drop of middle stone to the final varnish, to tone down the white in the roundels and code letter and leave a dusty impression of an aircraft left in the desert. 

Panel lines are done with brown shades of heavily diluted artists oil paints on the upper surfaces and blue below.

Decals from DK Decals 72046

Camera is a D750 with a 28-300mm lens.

It's my favourite Spitfire. Quite unique with its four blade propeller, deep undercowling and special armament. The Eduard Spits are a joy to build and I have a few more to go 🙂

Enjoy

/Finn

eJ9rAJJw_o.jpg

fFAbLuco_o.jpg

RVlK6HxX_o.jpg

vNV9GyNH_o.jpg

8hURZqlR_o.jpg

q0ySeiUI_o.jpg

a3esq1hi_o.jpg

Bonus picture of the Spitfire HF VI BS124 "Marker" (BR114 was the "Striker") which I posted here last year

sYh8mHk0_o.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words and interest. I only hope that it could be an inspiration for others; I can't be the only one that enjoy mixing historical interest with craftsmanship (don't laugh too much here 🙂)

/Finn 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...