9 hours ago, tonyot said:

The Lanc looks lovely and so does your man cave! The Lego is good too,.... we bought our lad the Millenium Falcon and it graces his bedroom now!

Re the nose turret,..... it will look better if you add a horizontal frame line to cross the vertical one,.... for some reason Revell missed this one off!  See below;

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/home/avro-lancaster-in-detail/

Cheers,

Tony

Tony, how did I miss that! Out with the Hannants white decal strip then. I find it puzzling that a kit manufacturer puts so much effort in but still makes silly mistakes 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ruskin Air Services said:

It does Steve, that's the rather pale masking tape I've used. It's bizarre as the white leading edges get to the join of the outer wing panels it Narrows down

That’ll teach me to try commenting at stupid o’clock in the evening after a long day.  Now you’ve mentioned it I’ve spotted the tape between no’s 3 and 4 engines.  As you were! 

• Like 1

Small update, the eduard mask set turned up so for the first time the task of applying and making sure that they're burnished down. I hope after all this they work! 

Painted and left to dry for their final coat:

2021-05-26_08-56-47

Model on boys 

• Like 6

Well the Eduard masking worked, so on with all glazing using my trusted glue n glaze:

IMG_20210528_174627

IMG_20210528_174737

Just waiting for glue n glaze dry in the cockpit and bomb aimer positions. Well it's the eve of another 4 day shift so little time for modelling 😞

Model on boys 

• Like 11

14 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Beautifully done!  It looks like this will be very handsome!  What are your plans for clear-coating it?

An application of johnson's clear on the mid sea grey as the white is gloss and that's according to the Hannants instruction sheet

• Like 1

Well it's decal day with the excellent Hannants post war sheet and the common markings from the revell kit. Unfortunately some of the revell walkway decals silvered a little 😬. Then I will seal them in a do some weathering. 

Decals on

Decals on

Decals on

Decals on

Model on boys 

• Like 9

Ugh!  So frustrating.  You know what I would do?  Take some masking tape and gently remove those walkways, because they'll drive you up the walls.  Use a sharp Xacto blade to trim around the roundels.  The walkways silvered on my Revell C-54G, and I was so angry I wanted to....At any rate, it took several tries to get them about right, during which I carefully removed, repositioned, and employed quantities of Microset.  

Anyway, this appears to be a chronic problem with whomever it was who received the tidy contract to supply decals to Revell.  I recommend you get yourself a set of black stripes and replace them before you layer on some clear.

• Like 1