Well while I'm on a roll I'd bite the bullet and start this project. The revell kit has its faults which is a shame but what kit hasn't! This kit has sat in the stash since it first hit the shelves in 2006/7 and was cheap as chips:

IMG_20210203_131950

Armed with the appropriate literature:

IMG_20210203_132051

IMG_20210203_132019

These arrived a little while ago :

2021-02-04_02-24-15

Model on boys

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Some nice looking schemes there, nice change to the usual camo over black! Which on are you doing?

I'm doing the first one for now just got to aquire some post war roundels and fin flashes as all you get with this set are the codes and other decals for the different schemes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ruskin Air Services said:

just got to aquire some post war roundels and fin flashes

Ah that's a bit of a pain. Still if all the roundels were included the sheet would be huge I suppose. 

• Like 2

The Lancaster is an aeroplane that just looks right in whatever colour schemes it wears. Some interesting schemes there, I have not seen that black and grey one in the same scheme as the Lincolns had.

The one you have chosen looks good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

going to be doing an all over grey post war Lanc myself at some point soon, using the old Airfix kit. 

1c8a0c38-61e8-4422-96f6-b23f47383d58.jpg

how old exactly ? ............. over 75 parts to brushpaint Chris

Edited by adey m
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, adey m said:

1c8a0c38-61e8-4422-96f6-b23f47383d58.jpg

how old exactly ? ............. over 75 parts to brushpaint Chris

Built this one mid 70's most played with. I remember building a lego dam across the hall and this model armed with a suitable marble. Right let's get down to business, cockpit assembled with a few little extra details like the engineers folding seat, trim wheel next to the pilots seat. Like most late/post war lancasters the cockpit area has been painted black (Tamiya nato black) and weathered :

IMG_20210119_114805

IMG_20210119_114403

I also moved the control column and pilots seat forward slightly 

IMG_20210119_114817

That's going to be it for now as another 4 day shift is apon me, so model on boys. 

• Like 8

is that a bit of your old LEGO in the cockpit .......

what are we going to do for four days ...................

Edited by adey m
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, adey m said:

is that a bit of your old LEGO in the cockpit .......

what are we going to do for four days ...................

You're obviously on about the red item, its a piece of the ski attachment from a Dakota with a poly Bush superglued to it

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ruskin Air Services said:

its a piece of the ski attachment from a Dakota with a poly Bush superglued to it

maybe I just should not have asked ................... 🙄

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ruskin Air Services said:

its a piece of the ski attachment from a Dakota with a poly Bush superglued to it

I knew that. :blush: I love the Lancaster and it's always good to see a different scheme. Have a good one, Pete

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 3:31 PM, Ruskin Air Services said:

I'm doing the first one for now just got to aquire some post war roundels and fin flashes as all you get with this set are the codes and other decals for the different schemes

Yes, rather annoyingly it says 'use kit decals'  for the Type Ds. I have read that the red codes for that aircraft should, in fact, be grey.  I'm going to build a Lanc in this scheme too although I'm using the Airfix 'Dambuster' kit as the basis.  I'm going to keep the red codes, even if they are wrong, as I think they look good.  Try as I might I just can't seem to find any decent references for the rear turret camera bay.

Anyway, I shall be watching your build with interest.

• Like 3

Well, after a morning of beavering away I been left with this:

IMG_20210126_125042

Though if you look at it head on, then you see the lack of dihedral!! 

IMG_20210126_101547

Just before I went back on shift this arrived from Mancunian Airman, thank you Ian:

IMG_20210126_125026

After 5 minutes work with a Stanley knife a some sandpaper and a little heat to form it to the shape of the bomb bay doors:

IMG_20210126_131024

Model boys

• Like 5