Slight problem with H&S Ultra

RobL

Hey all

Had a bit of a problem with my H&S Ultra the other day, had paint coming out the back end in the trigger area.  I suspect the needle packing seal is the culprit.  However, I'm having a problem getting the retaining screw that holds the seal unscrewed.  I can't even see it in the body of the airbrush to get a screwdriver in at the right angle.

Short of buying H&S's special tool, which is in very short supply at the moment, does anyone here have any tips on how to get the seal and bushing unscrewed?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT - please disregard.  I managed to solve this.  I couldn't see the retaining screw because it was caked in dried dark paint.  Once I got a q-tip down the body and cleaned that all off I could see the orientation of the notch and managed to get my screwdriver, with a bit of help from some pliers for some extra torque, to undo the retaining screw.  Cleaned it up and checked the packing seal (which seems OK!), screwed it all back up and now my H&S Ultra appears to be working fine again, at least with water...

Edited by RobL

Glad you sorted it!  I had a similar problem after a couple of months but luckily spotted the notches for screwdriver by sighting down the barrel to see what else was messing up. That seal is conveniently not shown on the instructions diagram but is in the spare parts diagram on line!