Gidday All

First model off the bench for 2021, and thats only because most of it was done in 2020😀

Anyway, the Kinetic 1/48 Hawkeye.  Its a large chunk of plastic with the wings spread.  One of Kinetics earlier releases, theres  a few sink marks to fill and some of the panel lines are a bit in your face, but fit isn't too bad.

Aside from using Authentic Decals for the decals and Royale Resin wheels the kit is done OOB.  I had not heard of Authentic decals before.  They are printed by Bergemot and performed excellently, which is more than I can say for the kit decals.

Compared to photos though, Authentic's NAVY titles are too big.  I hadn't realised as I put them on and let them dry before the national insignia.

Thanks for looking

Bruce

stb profile port front qtr rear qtr overhead-2

port front nose profile port qtr tail

• Like 61

Excellent! Clean bird as is befitting a CAG airplane. And the NAVY decal doesn't look too big to me. But then I and many others aren't Hawkeye experts and the decal looks in proper proportion to most of us.

• Thanks 1

Absolute eye candy, lovely build and the markings really finish it off perfectly.

Out of curiosity, how much weight did you have to put in the front?

Pete

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Peter W said:

Absolute eye candy, lovely build and the markings really finish it off perfectly.

Out of curiosity, how much weight did you have to put in the front?

Pete

Thanks Pete. I honestly couldn’t get you a weight, but I placed about 4 pieces of 3cm x 1cm lead sheeting behind the cockpit bulkhead. Either side of the nose wheel bay is packed with small lead shot. I did all rigs whilst the wing was still off, so I could add more if needed. It was just a case then of dry fitting tail, wing, with nacelles and rotor dome , and seeing whether the model would sit on its gear. If you are building it with the wings folded, you will need to add significantly more weight .

Bruce  

• Like 3

That's a lovely build, very cool indeed

• Thanks 1