M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II Chat

PlaStix

8 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Hope you are well. Great to see you here. Yes it’s a shame the Leopard STGB didn’t get through the voting. I was really looking forward to that one too. I'm still going to build the Leopard I was going to build, as, as it happens, it’s a Canadian Leopard - so I’m going to now build it in the Japanese Canadian GB. 
I will add you to the list in the first post. If you know what kit you think you’ll make, please let me know and I’ll add it to the list too.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix it's the 1/35 Italieri Fury edition M4AE8. Which I got purely because of the movie. It's been in the stash for ages so be good to build it at last. 

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Stix it's the 1/35 Italieri Fury edition M4AE8. Which I got purely because of the movie. It's been in the stash for ages so be good to build it at last. 

Cheers Greg 👍

Hi Greg. Very nice choice and I’m looking forward to following your build. I have added your kit to the list in the first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ned. It would be great if you do decide to join us. Do you want me to add you to the list or wait until you decide to get a kit?

Kind regards,

Stix

I think I might sit this one out Stix. My stash of Panzer I,II,III is getting a bit silly, I can't keep being tempted by something new. I only bought the Lee because the radial engine looks so lovely (or at least it did when ModelMate built it!).

I'll follow the GB though, particularly Bertie's build of a wrecked Lee with the full interior on show.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ned said:

I think I might sit this one out Stix. My stash of Panzer I,II,III is getting a bit silly, I can't keep being tempted by something new. I only bought the Lee because the radial engine looks so lovely (or at least it did when ModelMate built it!).

I'll follow the GB though, particularly Bertie's build of a wrecked Lee with the full interior on show.

Hi again Ned. Quite understandable. Yes Bertie's should be interesting to follow.

Kind regards,

Stix

I was hoping this group build would make it through the voting, it had my vote.

I hadn't indicated my interest in the group build when it was proposed as it kind of just slipped past without me noticing. 

I am thinking I would like to join in and at the moment thinking something of an M3.

The dates have been duly noted on my calendar so that I don't forget.

cheers, Graham

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 4:54 AM, Bertie Psmith said:

And I have the Aussie one and would have preferred this one. We have each other's kits!

I would have said lets just swap, but the shipping cost is probably more that the model is worth! There again, I could just buy an Aussie one as well! :D

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

I would have said lets just swap, but the shipping cost is probably more that the model is worth! There again, I could just buy an Aussie one as well! :D

After looking in the box I'm certain that I don't want to build two of these. That way lies madness!

13 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

I was hoping this group build would make it through the voting, it had my vote.

I hadn't indicated my interest in the group build when it was proposed as it kind of just slipped past without me noticing. 

I am thinking I would like to join in and at the moment thinking something of an M3.

The dates have been duly noted on my calendar so that I don't forget.

cheers, Graham

Hi Graham. Great to have you along for this STGB. I have added you to the list in the first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

2 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

After looking in the box I'm certain that I don't want to build two of these. That way lies madness!

Hi Bertie. I certainly understand and have amended the list in the first post accordingly.

Kind regards,

Stix

Having a good look at mine and the Aussie version, I can pretty well build it from the box, just need to modify the turret hatches slightly.

The scary part there are nearly 70 bits of sprue (ok 69  :giggle:) in this model!!! Yea gods!!! :yikes:

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Bertie. I certainly understand and have amended the list in the first post accordingly.

Kind regards,

Stix

I actually meant that I wouldn’t want to build two Minicraft Lees in a single lifetime. I still have the M10 on my list to give me an easier kit when I’m needing a break from the Lee. 

Have a little faith, Stix. I don’t need to be rescued from my impulses just yet. 😉

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

Having a good look at mine and the Aussie version, I can pretty well build it from the box, just need to modify the turret hatches slightly.

The scary part there are nearly 70 bits of sprue (ok 69  :giggle:) in this model!!! Yea gods!!! :yikes:

Yeah but mostly tracks and small sprues with just a few bits. And all the little pieces will break anyway so you can discard them. 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Do you have to Rivet the thing together ? My god 69 sprue’s how did they go past 26, there are only 26 letters in the alphabet. 

EH, Kd, Le, Ga........ etc etc......

• Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 17:19, bigfoot said:

Bit premature, but bits all ready for GB

wSuLLh6.jpg

This is the vehicle I’m going to aim to build.

7epk0qa.jpg

Nice collection of goodies! And looking forward to your project!

On 20/11/2021 at 22:05, Longbow said:

Using the Tamiya Korean War E8, I may take a bash at this one. 

spacer.png

Id also like back date the other Tamiya E8 to this one. 

spacer.png

Sounds like a great pair of projects in prospect! I hope you do get chance to build them in this GB.

20 hours ago, wellzy said:

Hi wellzy. Not sure if you meant to post here?

Anyone else want to let me know what they are thinking of making during this STGB?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Anyone else want to let me know what they are thinking of making during this STGB?

Hi Stix, while I have a load of M4 kits I only have one M3, the Takom kit I bought to build a Russian lend lease machine or as the Russian tankers called a coffin for 7 brothers!

My usual problem with a GB is getting carried away and building several models and finishing none, so with only one M3 in the stash I cannot fall into that trap, can I?

Please put me down for a Russian M3, no more, just one and definitely no M4's :wicked:

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You know wellzy not many of us read invisible english. You really should write it in plain language. 😉 jk

Hi Guy`s  Sorry  did that wrong lol

Hope you have room for a Aircraft modeller ,did a armour build a few years ago but l would like to get better so here l am .

IMG_3074

IMG_3071

Thank`s for looking Wellzy

• Like 5

One of interesting side effects of the group build voting and scheduling is that it is too easy to get caught up in the proceedings and become overly excited in your favourite pending group build to the point that interest in any current project risks being lost.

So it is that I find myself with this M3 / M4 group build. I had posted earlier that was thinking something M3 and it looks like that is the direction I will proceed, something M3 but M3 without any main armament; think ARV or similar.

Now that I have a better defined plan  I think I can put aside for now my excitement for this group build and get back to something already on the go but I will leave you with links to some videos to whet your appetite:

Onward and upward!

cheers, Graham

• Like 3