M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II Chat

PlaStix

3 minutes ago, fatfingers said:

Aye up @PlaStix

Due to the fact i probably have around 30 or so M3/M4 kits in the stash i'm rather spoilt for choice 🤔 Im leaning towards the Bronco Ram II so please put me down for that one 👍

Regards,

Steve

Hi Steve, It does sound like you have a lot!! And that looks to be a rather impressive kit too! Looks like we are going to have some fascinating builds in this GB! Can't wait! I have added it to the list in the first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Just now, Bertie Psmith said:

It's impressive in its box. I don't know it it will be impressive after I've finished with it! 

I'm sure it will be fantastic!!

• Thanks 1

Just ordered an Asuka Sherman Ic Composite Hull Firefly, which will be my first Askua kit.
249648-27767-66-pristine.jpg

Been reading James Holland's Brothers in Arms; a book about the Sherwood Rangers experiences with Sherman tanks after D-Day.

One of the photos in that book is of a C squadron Firefly and crew - I'll use that as inspiration for the Firefly.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Robert Stuart said:

Been reading James Holland's Brothers in Arms; a book about the Sherwood Rangers experiences with Sherman tanks after D-Day.

One of the photos in that book is of a C squadron Firefly and crew - I'll use that as inspiration for the Firefly.

Did you get a chance to see the interview with Stan Perry? 

Stan Perry was the last surviving troop commander of the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry.

He recently came to We Have Ways Fest , September 2021 and spoke with James Holland about his war time experiences. Sadly, Stan passed away shortly afterwards, October 6th, aged 98. 

A remarkable man. :poppy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

nice... now all I need is a kit... am I right in thinking anything built on an M3 or M4 chassis - so

Sherman,

Grant

Lee

Priest

is there a definitive list?

oohhh maybe the old Sherman Recovery vehicle for a bit of variety.... have to see what Santa can bring me....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

nice... now all I need is a kit... am I right in thinking anything built on an M3 or M4 chassis - so

Sherman,

Grant

Lee

Priest

oohhh maybe the old Sherman Recovery vehicle for a bit of variety.... have to see what Santa can bring me....

M31 recovery vehicle

Ram

Ram Kangaroo

They are all M3 derived, as is the Sherman really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

Just ordered an Asuka Sherman Ic Composite Hull Firefly, which will be my first Asuka kit.

Hi Robert. Now that looks to be a really lovely kit! I’m looking forward to seeing you make it! I have added it to the list in the first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening Stix

I will try to build a 1/72 Heller Sherman that I have in my stash for a few years ..

See you in March next year ..

Best Regards

Patrice

Hi Patrice. Great choice of kit and I'm looking forward to following your build. I have added it to our list in the first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, robw_uk said:

Sherman,

Grant

Lee

Priest

Hi Robert. It's great you seem to have a wide range of choices!! Whatever Santa brings, please let me know and I will add it to the list in the first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

As I mentioned earlier, I'm planning (at the moment…….) on making Tamiya's 1/48 British Sherman IC Firefly. And to put the box art to the name:

51682456758_5755f3c84d_b.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

2 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I could make a rash statement, like "I'll be building mine out of the box!", but I have already been looking at AM bits and I just love the Friulmodel tracks! :D

Sounds like a plan!!….or two!

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

Did you get a chance to see the interview with Stan Perry? 

Stan Perry was the last surviving troop commander of the Sherwood Rangers Yeomanry.

He recently came to We Have Ways Fest , September 2021 and spoke with James Holland about his war time experiences. Sadly, Stan passed away shortly afterwards, October 6th, aged 98. 

A remarkable man. :poppy:

I hadn't seen the interview - this one?

Over two hours long, so I'll watch in stages.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi sardaukar. It sounds like you have a lot of choices. You should always build whatever you want - never worry what's been built before. If we did that - think how many 1/72 Mk.I Spitfires would never get made! Let me know your current preference and I'll add it to the list. i can always change it if you change your mind.

Kind regards,

Stix

You are absolutely right and I was just thinking out loud, that fury aftermarket kit got bought for a reason.

• Like 1

Glad to see it got through Stix,

I've had these two lurking at the bottom of the pile for a while, I wasn't sure which one but I think I will build the RFM Firefly or maybe I could get them both done, how long will we have?

5fLQywSh.jpg

Wayne

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, diablo rsv said:

I've had these two lurking at the bottom of the pile for a while, I wasn't sure which one but I think I will build the RFM Firefly or maybe I could get them both done, how long will we have?

5fLQywSh.jpg

Wayne

90 days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really pleased this one got through, well done Stix.

I’ve got plenty of M4 kits in the stash but I think I’m going to go with the dragon 1/35 composite M4 built as a British Normandy tank.

Edited by bigfoot
  • Like 2

I have the Tamiya Easy Eight (1/35) ready to go. Also got some Miniart US Tank crew in the stash. I might get some etch and possibly replacement tracks (TBC).

George

• Like 1

9 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

5fLQywSh.jpg

Wayne

From an entirely selfish point if view, if you do the RFM Firefly I won't be tempted to buy one and I'll stick with Asuka/Tasca! :frantic:

• Haha 1

I have too much choice in the stash!  In 1/35: 3 Grants, 2 Lees, 7 Shermans a Ram and a Priest.  In 1/56: 6 Shermans.  So I'm sure I can find something........  I have 13 Shermans currently WIP (yes, I need to see someone........) but of course those won't count.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Robert Stuart said:

I hadn't seen the interview - this one?

Over two hours long, so I'll watch in stages.

Good find! The one I referred to is the WeHaveWays one, but this one is just as brilliant. 

• Thanks 1