M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II Chat

PlaStix

On 03/02/2021 at 21:06, PlaStix said:

The first Armour Single Type Group Build on Britmodeller was the M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB back in 2018. There's just been a conversation in the Panzer III STGB that we need another Sherman STGB. I'm sure there's lots of suitable kits in our stashes.

Anyone interested?

I'll start a list - just in case:

01. PlaStix (Host)

02. fatfingers

03. Corsairfoxfouruncle (Co-host)

04. bigfoot

05. robw_uk

06. Robert Stuart

07. Bonhoff

08. TEMPESTMK5

09. JackG 

10. Ted

11. klr

12. Bullbasket

13. Jasper Dog

14. Could be you...

Hi Stix 

Sign me up for this please - literally dozens of candidates in the stash

• Like 2

On 08/02/2021 at 14:48, Matt B said:

Count me in.  I plan to dip my toes into armor for the first time at some point this year with Tamiya’s 1/48 kits and I think this would be a good reason to set aside the Easy Eight that’s currently in the mail and get my feet wet first with the regular M4 and M10 TD.  Hopefully then with a couple under my belt I won’t embarrass myself!

Hi Matt. Great that you are interested in taking part in this possible GB and Tamiya 1/48 AFV kits are a good starting point for building armour models. Be warned though......some find armour modelling very addictive........once you've built one, you just have to build another! Ask me how I know!!

I have added you to the list in my first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

• PlaStix changed the title to M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II for 2022 - @16
On 08/02/2021 at 15:21, diablo rsv said:

I would definitely be up for it Stix.

Wayne 

Hi Wayne. That's great news!! I'm glad you are interested in taking part. I have added you to the list in the first post.

21 hours ago, badger said:

Hi Stix 

Sign me up for this please - literally dozens of candidates in the stash

Hi Ben. Great to have you along for this GB too - if we get it through the voting at the end of the year! I have added you to the list as well.

We only need 9 more people to sign up for this STGB to get it through to the voting at the end of the year!

Anyone else interested?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Matt. Great that you are interested in taking part in this possible GB and Tamiya 1/48 AFV kits are a good starting point for building armour models. Be warned though......some find armour modelling very addictive........once you've built one, you just have to build another! Ask me how I know!!

I have added you to the list in my first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

After accidentally assembling the majority of the M10 kit the other day (funny how time just flies) I may or may not have already added a couple 1/35 kits to the stash :whistle:.  The Easy Eight may not last til 2022 but I’ll have several other options to pick from if this GB makes it through.  

Edited by Matt B
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Matt B said:

I may or may not have already added a couple 1/35 kits to the stash

I am so sorry.......I was too late with the warning......but welcome to the dark side!

• Like 1

• PlaStix changed the title to M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II for 2022 - @17
19 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

So long as you don't mind whitemetal, I'm sure I could rustle up a little diorama for this build. I sacrificed a couple of Shermans to an Ardennes beast in the Panther GB, perhaps it is time they got their revenge...

Hi Tim. Yes - whitemetal kits are definitely okay. I have added you to the list in the first post. It would be great to have one of your dioramas built as part of the GB.

8 hours ago, bigfoot said:

Would vehicles based on the RAM tank be included? Are they a close enough relative of the M4 as I’ve got a kangaroo I’m tempted to build for this? If not, there’s plenty more actual M4’s in the stash!

Hi bigfoot. Yes - an M3 or M4 Kangaroo will be appropriate for this GB. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• PlaStix changed the title to M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II for 2022 - @18
21 hours ago, Angus Tura said:

Please add me on to the list for this.

1/72 Mark II, El Alamein, please!

Alan 

Hi Alan. Thank you for signing up!! Great to have you along. I have added you to the list in the first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

ONLY 7 MORE SIGNUPS NEEDED!

1 hour ago, fatfingers said:

Do you think the Mods would suss if i set up 7 phantom accounts on here 😀

Regards,

Steve

Sounds like a plan!! :smile: I'm sure they are way too busy to notice!!

• Haha 1

I’d really like to join in this one but I have nothing in the stash, but I’m sure I can rustle something up by next year. I wouldn’t mind an M10 I think Airfix have a nice new one ( well new boxing anyway I think it’s Acadamies kit)

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

• PlaStix changed the title to M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II for 2022 - @20 - just 5 more signups needed!
On 16/02/2021 at 19:23, Marklo said:

I’d really like to join in this one but I have nothing in the stash, but I’m sure I can rustle something up by next year. I wouldn’t mind an M10 I think Airfix have a nice new one ( well new boxing anyway I think it’s Acadamies kit)

Hi Marklo. Thank you for your interest in this STGB. I have added you to the list in my first post. Hopefully you will be able to find something suitable if and when this GB runs.

8 hours ago, Six97s said:

Please count me in. 

You are are counted in at number 20..........on the list in my first post! Thank you for signing up.

Kind regards,

Stix

• PlaStix changed the title to M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II for 2022 - @22 - just 3 more signups needed!
9 hours ago, diases said:

Ohhhh.. Go On then

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul. Great to have you along for this GB. I have added you to the list in the first post.

Kind regards,

Stix

Das Abteilung has signed up via the thread in the Armour Chat section - so we only need three more signups to get this STGB in to the vote at the end of the year. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Das Abteilung has signed up via the thread in the Armour Chat section - so we only need three more signups to get this STGB in to the vote at the end of the year. :thumbsup:

Make that two please - I need to start building some tanks.

Cheers

Johnny b

• Like 2

• PlaStix changed the title to M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II for 2022 - @23 - just 2 more signups needed!
4 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Make that two please - I need to start building some tanks.

Cheers

Johnny b

Hi Johnny. That's good news!! Great to have you along for this possible STGB!! :thumbsup: You are on the list.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Hi Stix,

Sign me up please. 

I've nothing suitable in my stash either (for some reason it's all aircraft!) so suppose I'll have to go shopping. What a drag....😀 

All the best,

Ian

• Like 2

• PlaStix changed the title to M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II for 2022 - @25!! - We made it to the vote!!
14 hours ago, IanC said:

Hi Stix,

Sign me up please. 

I've nothing suitable in my stash either (for some reason it's all aircraft!) so suppose I'll have to go shopping. What a drag....😀 

All the best,

Ian

Hi Ian. I am gutted that you have to go shopping for a new kit!! 😜..........but I have added you to the list in my first post!! Thank you for signing up, Great to have you along. :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, pbrowne said:

Stix

Please add me to this STGB.  I'll have a poke at the Miniart 1/35 Grant I  (kit 35276).

Peter

Hi Peter!! Thank you!! You are a star!! Thanks to you (....well.....and the other 24 modellers who signed up before you!) we have have enough to get this Single Type Group Build into the voting at the end of the year!! You can take credit for being the 25th signup.....I'm sure fame and glory will follow!

I will mention to @Enzo Matrix that we have 25 signups and hopefully he can add us to his list of GBs in the vote at the end of the year.

Anyone else interested in taking part? The more the merrier!!

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 5