M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II Chat

PlaStix

I have managed to get my 761st TB M4A3 finished finally, but just too late for the GB end date.  But just to prove it, here it is.  It was the tracks wot did it............  I had to give up on the extended end connectors as no-one does T49s with EECs and I was damned if I was paying anther £23 for a set of EECs on top of £30 for the tracks!!  I tried gluing the plastic Bronco EECs to the metal connectors but that just wasn't strong enough and too many fell off.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png  spacer.png

• Like 11

Hi @Das Abteilung. Wow! That turned out beautifully! Lovely job with the stowage and overall finish. We can add it to the Gallery after the poll is closed, if you'd like?

Thank you very much for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

@fatfingers @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @bigfoot, @robw_uk, @Robert Stuart, @Bonhoff, @TEMPESTMK5, @JackG, @Ted, @klr, @Bullbasket, @Jasper dog, @Matt B, @diablo rsv, @badger, @Tim R-T-C, @Angus Tura, @Marklo, @Six97s, @Das Abteilung, @diases, @desert falcon, @Ian C, @Rob S, @Scargsy, @Ozzy, @planecrazee, @Ray_W, @Bertie Psmith, @sardaukar, @trickyrich, @Longbow, @Geo1966, @MarkSH, @Enzo Matrix, @GREG DESTEC, @ColonelKrypton, @TimJ, @wellzy, @THEscaleSHOW, @Mig Eater, @bull-nut, @Threadbear  @edjbartos, @Blade2009, @Michael Taylor, @SleeperService

Dear all,

Just a quick reminder that the poll closes tomorrow evening at 6.00pm, UK time. 29 modellers have voted so far.  If you haven't voted yet, please remember to do so in the next 24 hours or so.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

If you haven't voted yet, please remember to do so in the next 24 hours or so.

Thanks for the reminder. I made my vote. I really like the voting format you have used by splitting the scales and giving 3 votes in each. Well done.

Ray

• Like 2

@fatfingers @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @bigfoot, @robw_uk, @Robert Stuart, @Bonhoff, @TEMPESTMK5, @JackG, @Ted, @klr, @Bullbasket, @Jasper dog, @Matt B, @diablo rsv, @badger, @Tim R-T-C @Angus Tura, @Marklo, @Six97s, @Das Abteilung, @diases, @desert falcon, @Ian C, @Rob S, @Scargsy, @Ozzy, @planecrazee, @Ray_W, @Bertie Psmith, @sardaukar, @trickyrich, @Longbow, @Geo1966, @MarkSH, @Enzo Matrix, @GREG DESTEC, @ColonelKrypton, @TimJ, @wellzy, @THEscaleSHOW, @Mig Eater, @bull-nut, @Threadbear  @edjbartos, @Blade2009, @Michael Taylor, @SleeperService

Dear all.

And just like that it was all over! First off, once again, congratulations to all those modellers who got their builds into the Gallery. It really was an excellent selection.

Next, thank you to the 34 Britmodellers who voted for their favourite builds in the poll.

Your top three favourite models in the smaller scales were:

dnl42's Sherman IC Firefly in 1/48
IanC's M4 Sherman in 1/72

& Plastix's Sherman IC Firefly in 1/48

In 1/35, your top three favourite models were:

Jasper Dog's M4 A1 Sherman

Bertie Psmith's Museum Cutaway Lee

& Longbow's up armoured M4A3E8

Well done to all. 

Thank to everyone who took part and helped make this a great STGB and a special big thank you to Dennis @Corsairfoxfouruncle for co-hosting!

Let's do it again sometime!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2