M3/M4 Medium Tank STGB II Chat

PlaStix

I've just taken delivery of an old Matchbox/Revell Firefly. I was going to build it as part of the Matchbox GB but as I've done a few builds there, and only one here, I think I might switch. Hopefully @Rabbit Leader and @JOCKNEY won't mind... 😁

Or can you have one build in two places at the same time? - superposition, as I believe Prof Brian Cox calls it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, badger said:

Sadly I'm going to have to bow out of this GB.

Not modelling much at the moment and have a lot on at work so not going to be able to join this I'm afraid.

Kind regards 

Ben

Sorry to hear that Ben, understandable though. Please check in and visit if you can. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Or can you have one build in two places at the same time? - superposition, as I believe Prof Brian Cox calls it. 

Provided you can calculate the momentum space probability wavefunction of your build.   5d976e8048c2987fc1eea18f2ab8adcea38a4812   :smartass:

• Haha 3

@PlaStix - currently working on my Flower in the MBGB....

As soon as I'm clear of that build there are plans for a quick 1/76 build that I'm hoping I'll have time for in the last 2 weeks

IanJ 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Provided you can calculate the momentum space probability wavefunction of your build.   5d976e8048c2987fc1eea18f2ab8adcea38a4812   :smartass:

The short answer is

Ya canne dae that ! :wink:

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Piece of cake. I may need to re-watch that David Tong Youtube lecture on quantum field theory first.. 🥴

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, IanC said:

Piece of cake. I may need to re-watch that David Tong Youtube lecture on quantum field theory first.. 🥴

Yes indeed!  I highly recommend those videos. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Ooh this has gone a bit cerebral :smartass: best drag it back down to my level 😀

@PlaStix  I've been beavering away at the running gear for my effort which means lots of careful sanding and alignment on Pershing running gear. Very, very tedious indeed but I'm getting towards the end 🙏 I hope. Once that's done I'll just have the turret to sort and assemble the upper hull parts. Oh and have a huge clean up of plastic shavings, dust and such.

The resin bits for my two original projects appear to be taking the scenic route to SleeperCentral 🙄

• Like 2

Well if we're half way through I need to get a wiggle on, especially as I won't be able to do anything for the next 10 days or so.  I still have a lot of stowage to paint, the tracks to assemble and finishing to do.  This is what I like to call the "fiddling and faffing" stage..........

• Like 2

Looking for a challenge?

Dragon Sherman kits have too many pieces?

Individual track links got you down?

Have a look at this Firefly card model build:  http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/armory/43967-m4a4-sherman-vc-firefly-halinski-1-25-a.html

Skip to page 63 for pictures of the completed model.

cheers, Graham

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ColonelKrypton said:

Looking for a challenge?

Have a look at this Firefly card model build:  http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/armory/43967-m4a4-sherman-vc-firefly-halinski-1-25-a.html

cheers, Graham

I think I’ll stick to plastic, way easier in my opinion. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 11:45 PM, ColonelKrypton said:

Looking for a challenge?

cheers, Graham

That's incredible.. 😲 Thanks for the link.

• Thanks 1

Well, 5 weeks and 1 day to go, and I'm lookin' to start? Yeah, crazy for my usual geologic time scale build rate. But, I have a new benefit on my side, I just retired! 

I've chosen Tamiya's 1/48 M4 Early Production kit. I apparently started on it once before.

M4-Early-start0.jpg

How say the mods?

• Like 2

@fatfingers, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @bigfoot, @robw_uk, @Robert Stuart, @Bonhoff, @TEMPESTMK5, @JackG, @Ted, @klr, @Bullbasket, @Jasper dog, @Matt B, @diablo rsv, @badger, @Tim R-T-C, @Angus Tura, @Marklo, @Six97s, @Das Abteilung, @diases, @desert falcon, @Ian C, @Rob S, @Scargsy, @Ozzy, @planecrazee, @Ray_W, @Bertie Psmith, @sardaukar, @trickyrich, @Longbow, @Geo1966, @MarkSH, @Enzo Matrix, @GREG DESTEC, @ColonelKrypton, @TimJ, @wellzy, @THEscaleSHOW, @Mig Eater, @bull-nut, @Threadbear  @edjbartos, @Blade2009, @Michael Taylor, @SleeperService

Hi all,

I make it that we are now just one calendar month from the end of this GB. 19th May today, to Sunday 19th June. That's 4 weeks and 3 days.

Good luck to all those still building!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Aieeeee, so many models so little time. Let’s see, my Mig and my first ground attack are done ,  if I can get my TF1 & TF2 done soon, which I should be able to, then so long as I don’t forget my two matchbox builds, which are both fairly far advanced, no problem with finishing my Wolverine on time :) 

• Like 2

Hey guys, I'm a bit late to the game, but I'd like to participate with My Academy/Airfix M36B or possibly Tamiya M10. 

I stated some basic construction on the M36 last may, but my then newly adopted dog chewed up some of the sprues and I set it aside. I need to check the kit to see if its salvagable. I'll do that after work today, and I'll make the final decision on which kit I enter into the build. 

I've been off BM for a while since I lost my password and couldnt get it reset, as I had it tied to a defunct email account. I'm glad to be back, and coming into this is a GB will be a fantastic return to form.  Now, can I finish a tank in the month left? 
We shall see. 

• Like 3

At the very least  hope I can get the matt varnish on and the build complete, not sure I will get it fully weathered but will see

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi all,

I make it that we are now just one calendar month from the end of this GB. 19th May today, to Sunday 19th June. That's 4 weeks and 3 days.

Good luck to all those still building!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks for the kind reminder Stix, though I would really like to participate in this great GB, I‘m affraid I‘ll have to pass 😪 

That however will not prevent me from checking into the gallery, enjoying all the fantastic tanks done by my hard working colleagues :) 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oops, looks like I have some catching up to do!

I was planning a Japanese setting for a post-war E8, but alas a building kit I needed for the diorama has apparently disappeared from my stash.

So instead a Korean War scene is shortly underway....

• Like 2

As I'm away from home at the moment I cannot get anything done on my M4 dozer build but I can still stick bits of plastic together and hopefully paint them in the last 3 weeks of this GB.  To that end I'm going to build another Dragon offering, a M4 A1 (British Mk.II) as used in North Africa at the Battle of El Alamein.  As I don't have access to my books I'm not sure which markings/camouflage I'll use until I get back home at the end of the week but I will make a start on the kit, you can never have too many Sherman's.

IMG_1870

I will be replacing the DS tracks with my last pack of AFV club individual track links, the same type as on my M4 dozer Sherman, T-51 rubber block type.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

As I'm away from home at the moment I cannot get anything done

Hi Bob,

Hopefully you will get it done. I know the time pressure with being away. 

Ray

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Hopefully you will get it done. I know the time pressure with being away. 

The only other requirement of my time is looking after my son's dogs, but transport home is not a problem, I just have to put it in the car and drive home.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...