#275 Heller 1/72 Chance Vought F4U-1 Corsair. +++FINISHED+++ (Several months later)

fightersweep

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Shame about that Steve, it was looking most promising. All the best to Mrs Fightersweep, I hope her brownie points last longer than the ones I get. :D

Steve.

Thanks Steve! I must be lucky as she doesn't seem to enforce a brownie point policy on me....unless it's just so cunning and subtle that I don't notice!

I'm still planning on finishing the Corsair and posting here. So stay tuned. If I have the appropriate decals kicking around, I'll even make it a Kiwi Corsair.

Steve

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I did finally manage to finish the Corsair a couple of months ago as it happens, so I thought I had better wrap up this thread here as it needed closure. The Heller Corsair is one of those kits that scared me a bit as it caused me a lot of grief the first time I tried to build it, mainly with the construction of the wings. This time around, I came to appreciate that the Heller Corsair is actually a nice kit, and for it's time, probably one of the best Corsair kits out there. Streets ahead of the old Revell and Airfix kits, and in many ways, better than the Hasegawa kit. Anyway, here's a few quick snaps of the finished model. Just a few months late!!

51133767294_45c088f23a_b.jpg

51133767274_cb26370abd_b.jpg

Steve

(Still building those Heller kits! Another Bf-109B, He-112 and Morane 225 on the go!)

• Like 3

• fightersweep changed the title to #275 Heller 1/72 Chance Vought F4U-1 Corsair. +++FINISHED+++ (Several months later)

Thanks gents! Much appreciated. I really enjoyed this build, but I still have grumbles about the wing construction. Not even any useful pins or connections, just a plain butt joint which makes building the kit with the wings extended a right pain. Typically Heller really! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...