A-7D Corsair II, 3 TFS, 388 TFW, Korat RTAFB, 1972

3 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Superb build Russ. Can I ask who manufactured the kit? 

Thanks Dansk, It`s the Hasegawa 1/48 kit. I converted it  from their A-7E kit although they have issued a dedicated `D` in the past. 

Cheers Russ 

• Thanks 1

That’s a beauty!

And hand painted!? I can’t get a finish that smooth even with spray cans! 😂 What brushes do you use? And do you paint straight from the pot or mix your paint with thinners or anything?

• Thanks 1

Nice one Russ, always great to see your builds and the skill that you have with the hairy stick....!!

The SLUF is a lovely looking aircraft - and it looks fab in the SEA scheme.

Top work buddy,

Phil 

• Thanks 1

Russ —beautiful kit!! Beautiful build and finish. As an aside, I built the navy version c.1989.  At the time I used 12-15 shades of Gray to replicate the desert storm finish. Anyway, I stupidly displayed my A-7 conspicuously on a shelf in my condo, with several other kits. A disgruntled party-goer destroyed it and two other kits as she left a party!  I will never forget her parting message, “look!  Your planes can fly!” All the glue in the world could not put that SLUF back together again. 

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Thanks 1

Hi Russ,

amazing model!

Your builds are getting better and better!!!!

JR

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s a beauty!

And hand painted!? I can’t get a finish that smooth even with spray cans! 😂 What brushes do you use? And do you paint straight from the pot or mix your paint with thinners or anything?

Thanks LR,

re: brushes, no particular brand. I`ve got various ones from `The Works` stationary shop, some orange handled ones from Humbrol and some orange handled ones from Hobbycraft. Got a few synthetic bristled ones but prefer natural bristles.

re: thinning, I paint from the can and thin if necessary. I only use Enamels, mostly Humbrol but I`ve a few Xtra-Enamels.

Cheers Russ. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sierra Mike Sierra said:

You don`t offer painting lessons, do you?

I'd like to take those too!

I don't know why you think you 'bother' us with such excellent pics of your brilliant models Russ - superb work once again! 

All my airbrushes would be straight on e-bay if I could brush paint like that!

Keith

• Thanks 1