A-7D Corsair II, 3 TFS, 388 TFW, Korat RTAFB, 1972

Man, you're just knocking out one beauty after another Russ!  (what's your secret for such a rapid completion rate? I'm in awe!)  That bird looks fantastic; I really admire your restrained weathering techniques; I find that it only enhances the realism you achieve with your models.  :clap2: Truly, you're one of the masterful modelers here sir!   Keep 'em comin' Russ! 😃

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Rod bettencourt said:

That looks great Russ!! What brand of paints did you use?

Rod

Thanks Rod, it`s my usual Humbrol Enamels. Dark Green 91 with Olive Drab 155 highlights, Dark Green 30 with Medium Green 117 highlights, Tan 118 with Light Brown ( Stone? ) 187 highlights and Light Grey 166 Undersides.

Glad you like it

Cheers Russ

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

Man, you're just knocking out one beauty after another Russ!  (what's your secret for such a rapid completion rate? I'm in awe!)  That bird looks fantastic; I really admire your restrained weathering techniques; I find that it only enhances the realism you achieve with your models.  :clap2: Truly, you're one of the masterful modelers here sir!   Keep 'em comin' Russ! 😃

Thanks very much Gary,

Working nights every other week helps as I can do the filling and rubbing down whilst waiting for tea to cook, also I normally have three on the go at any one time all in different stages of construction which stops me painting my self into a corner and having to finish for the day. I actually started this one back in November so it`s not been that quick.🙂

Thanks again, cheers Russ

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gary Brantley said:

Russ, the white edging around the canopy, painted or decal, or?   And regarding the paintwork here, do I recall that you are a brush-painting guy?   I may be mistaken, but if so, then all the more impressive. 😃

Hi Gary, the white seal around the canopy is decal, I bought a pack of Xtradecal stripes of various widths and colours from Hannant`s a while ago.

Yeah it`s all hairy sticked.

Cheers Russ 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, exhausted said:

Great looking aircraft. What type of bombs are those?

Thanks, I think they`re early SUU-30B Cluster Bombs, 

Cheers Russ