GAF Alfalfa Jet Ordnance Question ID

Uncle Dick

Can anyone please identify the type of bombs this GAF Alfalfa Jet is humping (designation and weight if known) are they French made ordnance or someone else's?

And does anyone make them in 1/72 scale?

Much appreciated. Image from Aicraftslides.com

spacer.png

• Like 1

Those seem to be French SAMP  25 250 kg bombs. The German standard GP bomb back then.

in 1/48 Wingman models have them.

48005-2.png

https://shopofphantoms.com/rhino/Pulsar/en_US.Shop.displayShop.7898./wmf005

Maybe the Heller kit in 1/72 has them included, need to check!

no, those resemble BL755 cluster bombs, sorry

and here are some!

https://www.pj-production.be/en/conversions-accessories-1-72/136-721215-reservoirs-rpk.html

721215-reservoirs-rpk.jpg

cheers!

• Like 1

Brilliant - many thanks for that chaps, it immediately struck me as it was first image I have seen of GAF Alfa with conventional bombs as opposed to rocket pods or BL755 Clusters.

If I recall correctly the ancient Revell Mirage bombs did not have the fuses at the front and were markedly rounder (more blunt at the front) and did not have the retarded chute protrusion at rear. 

The PJ versions look the business but unfortunately various sources suggest they are the thinner 125kg version - also on PJ  bombs the fuses appear much shorter than on said image of jet - maybe they had different fuse lengths (fuse extenders like the American Mk 82's for example?) I honestly cannot tell whether the bombs on the image of GAF Alfa are 250kg or 125kg variety - they certainly have the retarded chute protrusion at rear and long fuses, on balance would say they look like 250kg variety... ah well its never easy is it, the 1/48 Wingman bombs look like they are it but not available in 1/72...

spacer.png