1/72 Trumpeter Su-24 Fencer D

Hi everyone

This is my 1/72 Su-24 by Trumpeter. The kit has nice recessed panel lines and rivets. The fit was good apart from the intakes and the nose which had a bit of sanding required. The landing gear were well detailed as well as the landing gear bays which had raised rivets and structure. Ak real colours Mig 31/25 was used for the grey and white primer for the underside. The decals were good but the stars and bull wouldn't conform to the panel lines and rivets even after many applications of micro sol. In the end, I just pushed the decal into the rivets with a needle. I mixed black and raw umber oil paints for the grey areas and highly diluted raw umber for the white areas. I had found some nice pictures which showed a really dirty underside near the engines which I decided to experiment and the results came out ok. The kit also came with many options for weapons but in the end I decided to just use the fuel tanks. 

Thanks for looking

y4m98NyxrUgJkJvG1y_UbpIZQ4ycNcJkTQ-MWUSc

y4mbpLO_UaCGnQB0bFNGYJNiO6CpyMZuLTsuV7yl

y4mwWdjvpoxazqX5ks0T5p9-V6NHo9uJkOPixoC4

y4mT5NmtgLpLe0u9x02c6eKExwWYlDnJCHHeBiUY

y4mT7PGIJyfb5UuArzZ9iv50k1zgcBWySxM17lRp

• Like 48

Love it. She's a beauty. Great skills on show there Andrew.

Got her big sis in the stash waiting for the confidence and skills to not stuff it up.

You've also given me the confidence to use AK's MiG 25/31 Grey. Looks the part.

• Thanks 1

Yes fantastic model. It turns out very realistic! Nice weathering, nice photography too, although my old eyes get a little confused with the mirror effects, but that’s my problem.🤪

Cheers

Andy 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
36 minutes ago, AndrewMi said:

Thanks @dashellis

I'm just wondering how you came across my post 6 months later like a few other people have in the past couple of days.

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

If someone flicks through the posts of the past and then comments on the post it then go's back to the top of the posts on the Forum,. Then others that may not have seen the post at the time of posting comment on the post. My that's a large use of the word post 

Think that's how it works anyway

Darren

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dashellis said:

Hi Andrew,

If someone flicks through the posts of the past and then comments on the post it then go's back to the top of the posts on the Forum,. Then others that may not have seen the post at the time of posting comment on the post. My that's a large use of the word post 

Think that's how it works anyway

Darren

Thanks for clearing that up for me Darren 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, dashellis said:

Then others that may not have seen the post at the time of posting comment on the post

I guess I'm one of those latecomers!

Nevertheless, that's a beautifully built and finished model!

:clap2::clap2:

• Thanks 1