T-60 Gorky Automobile Plant, Miniart 35232 Interior Kit.

33 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Watched this one grow all the way through, and I thought that it would turn out to be a cracker......and it has. And it's funny how you pick out small items that catch your eye, apart from the excellent internals. What grabbed my attention was the rusty exhaust and the wrap around insulation. Bees knees.

John.

Thanks John for sticking with this, On the WIP you said " It will be interesting to see that lagging with some paint and weathering on it."  It probably wasn't but I thought that might be a loaded question. I have to tell you the aggro that I had doing the pipe I nearly threw it out the window several times. 🤣  I started by using enamel washes and oils with enamels they just ate through the tape and glue underneath causing peeling. So after 3 attempts of stripping everything off and starting again, I ended up using acrylic washes in different combinations to get the effect.  It took about 7 attempts to get it to a stage where I could get some paint on, I couldn't get the tape on without causing creases due to the bend in the pipe. Any way it turned out ok in the end and I learned a lot in the process..

thanks for your support in this project I really appreciated it....👍

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ed. That turned out beautifully. Great modelling and finish. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks Stix, your models are amazing, so your comments mean a lot...

all the best

Ed

• Thanks 1

Thank you, I agree the kits are brilliant, so nice to put together and really interesting subjects. I have now just started Miniart's T-34/85 Egyptian on the WIP, that is excellent too.

thanks for your comments during the build, really appreciated that...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Ed,

A nice little tank, The winter camo was very well achieved, I like the tube with its cover, and the interior is a nice addition, because with this model you can see all that work.
Cheers and TC:goodjob:
Francis.👍

16 hours ago, IGKent said:

Excellent work Ed! Great result! :yes::yes:

Thank you both for your kind comments, I really appreciate that...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

Very nice indeed. The interior looks very convincing, even down to the wear on the driver's seat.

Pete

Very nice indeed. The interior looks very convincing, even down to the wear on the driver's seat.

Pete

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Pete

Many thanks Pete really appreciate you looking in and for your kind comments...

thanks

Ed